My Adcock Stanton Centrepin

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first time on Fishing Magic and was looking for some advice.
I have just bought a second hand but unused Adcock Stanton pin for some river work, but as this is my first ever pin I know very little about cleaning / maintenance etc. The pin itself has been on a shelf since new but for how long I don't know. When spinning the pin it seems to rub and come to a stand still.
I have undone the front plate fascia screw by hand but I cant take the back plate off without unscrewing the grooved nut on the back. Is this normal or should I be able to pull the front plate away from the back plate without doing this. Also once the back and front plate are apart do I need to remove the three alan key fixings to get to the bearings and the central spindle to clean and lubricate, so making the centrepin run alot faster and smoother.

If anyone out there can of help, I would be very much obliged.

Many thanks

Nick J.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
You should be able to pull the spool off. If it won't come off then I suspect whatever lube is in there has gone manky......I had exactly the same problem with my AS which I also bought 2nd hand. Personally I don't think its a good idea to mess about with pins unless you know exactly what you are doing. I would get this professionally serviced. Gary Mills at The Mill Tackle Co is the bloke.Top man

Do not undo the nut on the back. It won't help and is not something that should be undone.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the information, I'll contact him to see if he will service it for me.

Thanks again to both of you.

Nick J.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you can catch Garry at one of the regular shows he does he will talk you through it and teach you how to do the day to day maintenance.