Anyone got/using a swivel seat?

sagalout

Reaction score
I really fancy getting another pole but the bck won't allow it. Started thinking about a swivel type seat, XBOX 360 for example or make me own using a canal stool or a shakespeare beta box and a boat seat and swivel plate.

So is anyone using a swivel seat and is it any good?

robtherake

Reaction score
I guess you mean the Onbox 360, unless you've bought a fishing game....:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvBxsGDTrk

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/CoarseFishingSeatBoxes/Preston-Innovations-OnBox-360.htm

Sarcasm aside, I've been looking at these, simply because they look to give good back support and make it easy to position yourself without moving the chair. A little expensive, perhaps, for what it is (Browning do a folding feeder chair with rigid back which may also be of interest, although it lacks the swivel function) but interesting, nevertheless.

https://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/browning-feeder-chair~15944.html

sagalout

Reaction score
I guess you mean the Onbox 360, unless you've bought a fishing game....:D
Yes I do, I get me worms mixed up these days.

I ain't seen the browning one before, I can't see any benefit in that over a normal chair, similar but different to the korum chair.

I have been giving thought to getting a seat box frame and fitting it with a boat seat (£28) and swivel base (£8), but an existing frme looks like real money so I then started thinking about an octoplus mainframe and a shakespeare beta box as the base but I think this might end up to tall, so I am now thinking octoplus mainframe a base of my own bodging and the swivel seat.

If I knew it would work and be comfy I wouldn't mind spending the real money on a decent base. Might get an octoplus canal stool, remove the seat unit and fit the swivel. If it's no good I can replace the seat unit and sell it on.

daniel121

Reaction score
Having a bad back these took my attention around a year or so back, however . . . I thought against it, my reasoning was it was so bloody heavy, it would put my back out more carrying the thing lol :D

B

binka

I've got to say that phrases like "swivel seat" conjure up visions of apparatus that are used to get one from the bog and into the bath when one is eighty three.

And not necessarily with all the due diligence in between :eek:

I'm glad i'm not planning on getting that far :D

sagalout

Reaction score
Having a bad back these took my attention around a year or so back, however . . . I thought against it, my reasoning was it was so bloody heavy, it would put my back out more carrying the thing lol :D
I will put it on me barrow so I don't have to carry it.

Binka, there are days with me back when that's what it's like. It can be a proper nuisance at times.

ciprinus

Reaction score
I really fancy getting another pole but the bck won't allow it. Started thinking about a swivel type seat, XBOX 360 for example or make me own using a canal stool or a shakespeare beta box and a boat seat and swivel plate.

So is anyone using a swivel seat and is it any good?

i used to swear by the xbox 360, it never let me down and paid for its self in a couple of months, but then came the xbox one and everything got just that little bit better :wh ;)

sagalout

Reaction score
Bit late there ciprinus the t'internet police (in the form of robtherake) pick me up on that immediately. :D