Left handed landing net pole?

john step

Reaction score
Not a clue but as I am married to a left hander I have learned that things are not always obvious to us NORMAL folk.

There are left handed scissors, knives, pens, rulers, note pads, ......even ambidextrious fishing reels I am told:wh

john step

Reaction score
Are you trying to set me off? I'm going quietly stir crazy here, it wouldn't take much.

Its true. Look up "The left handed shop". The sharp side of the blade of a left handed knife is on the different side. Try using scissors with your left hand.
Same with ink pens. As you write you drag them across the paper. The left handers are designed not to dig in the paper when pushed by a left hander.

I got reprimanded for calling her cack handed. Apparently the cack bit refers to sh!t as its something to do with what hand you wipe with!!!

NOW alan, to the stir crazy bit. Is it the rotten weather forecast today keeping you in. It did me and the weather wasn't half as bad as forecast.

I think there are others in similar predicament judging by the flurry of extra" todays posts". Roll on the better temps.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
John, I have a pair of "left-handed" scissors by an allegedly reputable Finnish company, which are just left-handed handles stuck onto right-handed scissors. It's like having "Victim" branded across ones forehead...

I'm strongly Left-eyed and right-footed, and almost ambidextrous for things other than writing and fishing, which means I spend a lot of time just having fallen over or bumped into something, but it's given me a deep appreciation of what ambidextrous means with regard to utensils, and the next person who tries to sell me, as "Ambidextrous", a right-handed reel on which the handle may be mounted on the right-hand (i.e. wrong) side, is liable to end up wearing it internally. Grrrrrr...

The stir craziness is a mixture of being "On Duty" as chauffeur, cook and bottlewasher to the hard-working members of the clan; weather you wouldn't trust for ten minutes; disorganisation, a sense of option paralysis, and a sort of "Grey Dog" lethargy which may herald the onset of hay-fever. I shall archaeologize last year's Loratidine and see if that puts the Joys of Spring back where they belong. probably wishful thinking, but hope springs infernal...

daniel121

Reaction score
Brilliant tread :D

God knows mate, I sometimes wonder with what's written on graphics on fishing kit. I'm sure it's made up as they go along :)

greenie62

Reaction score
... hope springs infernal...

So how's the fishing in Hope Springs, Al? Difficult?

I can testify that Alan is the most Left-handed ambidextrous person I know :eek: - if you think this makes his fishing difficult - you should see him try to play the banjo!:eek::eek:mg:
:thumbs:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Oh, watching is ok, I'm told the sight of my playing has a certain tragi-comic bathos; it's hearing it that's painful, even for me.
And it's a MANDOLIN!!!
And it would benefit from my being able to fret the string with the left hand fractionally before my right plucks it with the plectrum.
Consistently.