Centrepin reel repairs....

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Garry Mills of the Mill Tackle Co is still operational ?

I have emailed / telephoned the number on his website but haven't managed to make contact.....

The number I have is 01527 853438 but this may be an old number

Thanks for any help

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Garry is still going strong, just put mill tackle into google and his new web page will come up. I spoke to him twice recently.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I must be lucky, he's nearly always about when I phone him, if he's not about his son is veryhelpfull.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Finally managed to speak to Garry and all sorted....He can do the work I require and was even able to tell me when my reel was made !

I've only bought this thread back again to say he is moving premises in a couple of weeks. Only across the road apparently, but obviously a new address...

Very helpful people though.........

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
My original Rapidex reel was returned this morning from the Mill Tackle Co ( with new end cap and the ratchet reversed for left hand wind ) and a very nice job they've done too. They managed to sort it quickly, so roughly a 10 day turn round.

I would suggest it better to speak to Garry or his son over then phone rather than send emails if you need any work done as he is very busy and waiting for a reply, well, lets just say it might take some time !!

The reel, although probably not the best c / pin ever made, is approx. 56 years old and virtually unused so it will give me some pleasure to add new line this afternoon and then use it tomorrow. I'm hoping its first fish will be a decent roach....

Anyway, Garry is very helpful and knowledgeable and a pleasure to deal with if you need work done on most ancient centrepins. Well worth a call...

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Hi

I spoke to Garry today and he asked me not to post off a reel for repair for a couple of week as he is in the process of the actual move now !!

As Tee-Cee said, it's best to speak to Garry or James on the phone and discuss any work needed on your pins.

Bob