2008 Chub waterproof Jacket & Trousers

James Hodkin

Reaction score
Cant seem to find any reviews/thoughts anywhere on the net, seen them reviewed in CF has anyone on here got any views on them?

James

Johnny A

Reaction score
I bought a set about 3 months ago & i cant fault them. They come as seperates & because i am 6'2" i had to go for the large jacket which comes with a removeable fleece &i went for the XL bottoms this combination fits perfect. The bottoms unsip all the way up so that yo can easily get them over boots. I have found them ultra warm a bit to warm on occasions & they havn't let in any rain yet. The only downside i have had with them is that the straps occasionallyslip off my shoulders on the bib& brace.

Reaction score
I have the jacket and I am about to order the trousers.

I bought the jacket last year and used it throughout the winter. It kept me very warm on cold winter evenings on the Ribble.

It has one fault though.

Each coat sleeve has a studded tag just inside the cuff. This tag passes through a loop on each cuff of thefleece. This joins the sleeves together at the cuff so that when you pull your arm out the fleece sleeves stay inside the coat sleeves.

However, if you hold just the coat cuff when you pull your arm out then the tag rips away from the cuff. This is because teh stitching is not strong enough to hold the fleece sleeve in place while you pull your hand through the elasticated fleece cuff.

You must hold BOTH the coat cuff and the fleece cuff when you remove your arm to avoid ripping. Otherwise don't bother fastening ther little tags in the first place.

I hope that makes sense.

Other wise it is a very good coat. Warm, waterproof and breathable. It also has plenty of pockets and reinforced seams (apart from one!)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Poshpaul(ACA)

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!-Oh very droll-Ihave not had too much to laugh at this week but that really tickled me and cheered up the afternoon-sort of Eric & Ernie type humour-nice one!!

(Sorry Corkey)

James Hodkin

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Johnny A wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I bought a set about 3 months ago & i cant fault them. They come as seperates & because i am 6'2" i had to go for the large jacket which comes with a removeable fleece &i went for the XL bottoms this combination fits perfect. The bottoms unsip all the way up so that yo can easily get them over boots. I have found them ultra warm a bit to warm on occasions & they havn't let in any rain yet. The only downside i have had with them is that the straps occasionallyslip off my shoulders on the bib& brace.</blockquote>

Did you find the sleeves on the jacket are far too short? Just wondered as i read somewhere else about people having to buy much larger sizes to compensate, you are the same height as me so im interested to know how well it fits! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. Thanks for the help lads

James

Johnny A

Reaction score
Hi James

I find the jacket fits me perfect & I've got long arms.

Regards John

Reaction score
Well my Chub trousers arrived yesterday. I am very pleased with them - although I have yet to wear them in the cold and the wet!

Many online tackle dealers are selling these at £49.99.

I ordered them from Climax Tackle at £34.99 + £5 delivery and I received a free Fox rig board.

I since found Cheshire Fishing is selling them at £29.99 + delivery.

Both these shops have given good service so far.