headlamp

Keith M

Reaction score
I hate using lights at night unless it's a small light that I can keep fairly low and pointing away from the water. It will surprise some anglers how much you can see when you don't rely on a torch.

As soon as you use a torch you blind yourself to anything outside of your torch beam but without a torch you can usually see all around you and see almost every leaf and twig (and any rats or mice near you too Lol). and unless I'm fishing in a particularly dark area of the country on a completely moonless night I only turn a tiny light on to rebait or land a fish or to setup or pack up.

I even used to practice tying my eyed hooks in the cupboard under the stairs using my tongue to feel the line coming through the hooks eye so that I could do it without any light when on the bank Lol.

It probably stems from my really younger days when I was fishing somewhere I shouldn't have been Lol.

I talked my mate into not using his light when I demonstrated how I could get the surface feeding Carp to feed right under his nose in front of him when he didn't have his light on, whereas with his torch on the carps slurping sounds would always be outside of his beam and much further out.

Keith.

Last edited:

ken more

Reaction score
I use the glow off of the end of my cig for tying knots and anything else i need a light for:):w

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I hate using lights at night unless it's a small light that I can keep fairly low and pointing away from the water. It will surprise some anglers how much you can see when you don't rely on a torch.

As soon as you use a torch you blind yourself to anything outside of your torch beam but without a torch you can usually see all around you and see almost every leaf and twig (and any rats or mice near you too Lol). and unless I'm fishing in a particularly dark area of the country on a completely moonless night I only turn a tiny light on to rebait or land a fish or to setup or pack up.

I even used to practice tying my eyed hooks in the cupboard under the stairs using my tongue to feel the line coming through the hooks eye so that I could do it without any light when on the bank Lol.

It probably stems from my really younger days when I was fishing somewhere I shouldn't have been Lol.

I talked my mate into not using his light when I demonstrated how I could get the surface feeding Carp to feed right under his nose in front of him when he didn't have his light on, whereas with his torch on the carps slurping sounds would always be outside of his beam and much further out.

Keith.

Yep I have to agree Keith, pretty much the same as meself ( page 1 post 9 ) where I use very little light and only if really needed on a low beam facing away from the water, most of time I much prefer me eyes to become focused on the natural night light :D

Me too.... I can well remember fishing me local park pond when I was 13-15 years of age and was stuffed with big roach and small common / wild carp,

During the day manyatimes I got chased by the local parkie attendant because the problem was that it was no fishing and manyatime at night I'd then have to rely on the street lamp that was at the end of a cul-de-sac next to the edge of the parks fence line which was luckily near me swim ;)

Until the kids bust the damm light :eek:mg:...lols

Last edited: