Okuma aventa baitfeeder reel

doebel

Reaction score
I m looking for a medium sized baitrunner. Any experience with the okuma aventa bf ?
It looks like a quite compact reel and its delivered with a aluminium spare spool for a reasonable price
The product video in YouTube doesn show the baitrunner in function.
I already possess the okuma cassien BF 40, an excellent reel in my opinion with a strong aluminium body.

I need a reel with an audible sound of the baitrunner since I need it for boat fishing. To my understanding the aventa bf 5000 is a quite new kid on the block and I dont have a shop around holding okuma.

Is there somebody using it already or played around in the tackle shop.

Best regards
Chris

doebel

Reaction score
I m from Germany and would not order in England. I already contacted a shop in Germany having the reels in stock.
I thought about some experience of fm members with the reel.
......gear running smooth or rough. ......good line lay......solid body ...etc. things like this.

I dont trust the company ads and their field testers at all.....who pays the piper calls the tune..:wh

Best regards Chris

john step

Reaction score
I have several Okuma reels that are quite old now. They have been good value and are strong and long lasting.

However I have seen comments on this forum that the more recent versions are not the same quality.

They do seem to change the models very frequently so perhaps that model is not known very well here?

doebel

Reaction score
Like I said, it is promoted as new release for 2017. I thought it is a quite large forum and the fishing community is three times greater than here.
YES Okuma has so many different modells. ...some are **** some are brillant ....independent of the money you spend or time of release.
THAT is the reason why I am asking....

In most of the parts of Germany the closed season for predators ceased today, but no pike for me ....just a take on a jerkbait:(

Cheers Chris

doebel

Reaction score
So......since I ve got no fur there input i have swallowed the bitter Pille and order ed a Aventa baitfeeder 6000.

Wel,l when boxing the reel the first Impression was...you get what you pay.......

With the Shimano baitrunner d Type in mind, the appearance of the okuma is like a grey mouse.No dark black housing, no gold anodized spool, no baitrunner switch standing proud out of the body, instead an almost black body, a grey spool, a tiny switch and a submerged bf control knob.
....now the objective part.....

Since I wanted a very compact,sturdy baitrunner mainly for boat work piking (trolling and deadbaiting) the handling of the bf system is almost perfect.So small you dont accidently activate it, but large ennough to handle it with gloves on.

The sound of the bf is loud ennough, when you take a nip in a sheelin boat , waiting for the big lady.

It comes with a spare spool (aluminium) for place where braid isnt allowed.

The maschine runs quite smooth on 7 bearings though this no quality criteria for me.

What I really hate is the flex of the body.If Shimano had a aluminium body on the d Type baitrunner ,
I would have it long ago......but plastic is plastic....even with ci4 and carbon fibres in it.
MountIng the okuma on the rod and flexIng it showed a quite rigid body, smiliar to the shimano.

So far so good not a bad deal for 70 £ reel WITH a spare spool

The next will be a field test of the reel

Regards Chris

sam vimes

Reaction score
What I really hate is the flex of the body.If Shimano had a aluminium body on the d Type baitrunner ,
I would have it long ago......but plastic is plastic....even with ci4 and carbon fibres in it.

Have you actually tried a Ci4/Ci4+ reel? I ask because I own a few. You'll get more flex from the rod's reel seat than you will from any reel I've encountered made of XT7, Ci4 or Ci4+. If you actually managed to get a Ci4(+) reel stem to flex when fitted to a rod, chances are that you'd rip all but a full on all metal Alps to bits.