Korum quick change adaptor

greenie62

Reaction score
From the HDYGO thread:
.............. As I manoevered the fish into the net , the Korum quick change adaptor which I use to connect my various nets to my handle, sprang off and the net full of carp parted from the handle and fell into the water.....

I have raised this as a new thread since I didn't want to upset PC by spoiling the focus of his HDYGO thread - I was alarmed to read of the Korum quick change adaptor springing off the net!

Have you worked out why this happened and what you can do to stop it happening again?

I use these Net adaptors too - the only time I've had this happen was when catching the edge of the clip-release on the edge of the platform in picking-up the net quickly and clicking it into the 'open' position! No fish loss - but it was close!

Has this caused you to reappraise the adaptor - maybe not for 'specimen hunting' :rolleyes:?

I did try another brand of quick-release adaptor with a long hex-nut and collar but didn't bother with it after it jammed in position and had to be unscrewed anyway! - reverting to the Korum one now - so far so good!

Anyone else had problems with these dumping the net into the water after a spontaneous 'quick release'?:eek:mg:

thecrow

Reaction score
I have never had this happen because I have never used them, I would never trust anything that is quick release to connect my landing net to the handle I just couldn't trust it not to release and the consequences don't bear thinking about, just stick to good old 3/8 BSF and it will never come off accidentally.

robtherake

Reaction score
The first one I owned, the receiving section split along one side, resulting in a similar experience to the one Mikench related in HDYGO. Korum wanted me to send it back for inspection before they'd replace it. I pointed out that the carriage would likely be as much as the price of the replacement article, but got nowhere with them. :mad:

Despite that, I've bought another because they're very convenient if you weigh a fish in the net head, as I tend to do, but I won't be using it with my big spoon net and 20+ pounds of carp any longer.:eek:

ken more

Reaction score
The first one I owned, the receiving section split along one side, resulting in a similar experience to the one Mikench related in HDYGO. Korum wanted me to send it back for inspection before they'd replace it. I pointed out that the carriage would likely be as much as the price of the replacement article, but got nowhere with them. :mad:

Despite that, I've bought another because they're very convenient if you weigh a fish in the net head, as I tend to do, but I won't be using it with my big spoon net and 20+ pounds of carp any longer.:eek:

Good to hear you bought another as i have just got myself TWO:D

greenie62

Reaction score
Mike,
I've re-quoted your post from the Korum -- nil pois ! thread to preserve the context - and answer the original question! :rolleyes::D:eek:mg:

I discovered today why my landing net came unattached yesterday ! The Korum quick change adaptor I was using had cracked with the weight of the fish!:(

I propose to take this up with Korum.

Korum might reply that it's your own fault for lifting it wrong!:eek::D

Having had an alloy landing net pole fold on me 50years ago - 'cos I tried to lift a 15lb salmon :eek: - I learned that the best way was to not lift the net but to 'withdraw' it from the water along the length of the pole.

Tight Lines!

robtherake

Reaction score
Mike,
I've re-quoted your post from the Korum -- nil pois ! thread to preserve the context - and answer the original question! :rolleyes::D:eek:mg:

Korum might reply that it's your own fault for lifting it wrong!:eek::D

Having had an alloy landing net pole fold on me 50years ago - 'cos I tried to lift a 15lb salmon :eek: - I learned that the best way was to not lift the net but to 'withdraw' it from the water along the length of the pole.

Tight Lines!

...and that's how I do it, but it didn't stop the adaptor from failing. :confused:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Didn't/doesn't someone get round the problem by offering a net handle with a short, put-over length of glass bearing the 3/8" threaded net fitting, so that net, fish and a foot or so of handle could be unshipped for easy handling and in-net weighing?

I find those quick release things are ok for buzzers and rests, but tend to seize up (probably due to neglect on my part) if left under load for ages.

greenie62

Reaction score
....I find those quick release things are ok for buzzers and rests, but tend to seize up (probably due to neglect on my part) if left under load for ages.

- and they only do them for 'normal' people, Al, - not 'cach handers'!:eek::eek:mg:
:D

B

binka

Didn't/doesn't someone get round the problem by offering a net handle with a short, put-over length of glass bearing the 3/8" threaded net fitting, so that net, fish and a foot or so of handle could be unshipped for easy handling and in-net weighing?

I had one of those, I think I still have the main section somewhere but I managed to lose the short bit with the thread :eek:mg:

They seemed to be the 'in thing' a few years ago.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got one of the korum quick release gadget and it looks the part. I still haven't used it!... and I got it just before Rob got his. The only reason i've not used it is because nearly all my fishing is trotting with a folding net hung on my waist. I'll use it one day lol.