Big news on the Spam front

B

binka

It's taken decades but finally it's here, Spam in a re-sealable plastic tub!

Same size at 200g and a slightly different shape with a foil lid below the plastic one and no more trying to shoehorn it out of the metal tin that it's made its home...

Winner winner chicken dinner! :)

(Oh and 5p less than its tinned counterpart).

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's far better than the tins in'it! Not that it matters and I may be wrong but I would imagine it will have a shorter shelf life than tinned stuff.

I find it hard to stop looking at the floor in your pic, it's spotless, what is it Steve?

B

binka

I find it hard to stop looking at the floor in your pic, it's spotless, what is it Steve?

Lol...

It's Dulux garage floor paint mixed to that colour from a chart, it's been down four years now and is ready for a re-coat in a couple of places but overall it's doing really well :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lol...

It's Dulux garage floor paint mixed to that colour from a chart, it's been down four years now and is ready for a re-coat in a couple of places but overall it's doing really well :)

Looks great!
Is it not slippy if you have wet feet? I once painted a garage floor with a grey floor paint and it looked ok (not so good as yours) but if you went in there with wet on your footwear it was pretty slippy!

Last edited:

flightliner

Reaction score
Steve, sorry to sound contradictory but its been on sale in plastic containers for several years now.
yes, a big improvement .
Great bait too.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Double edge sword IMO. At least the tins rust away in time if discarded but these will not. Can we expect to see them floating past or chucked in bushes where they'll sit for ever?

B

binka

Steve, sorry to sound contradictory but its been on sale in plastic containers for several years now.
yes, a big improvement .
Great bait too.

You could have told us! :D

Ian...

No mate it's not slippy, it's almost got a rubber feel to it but I think they add something to it these days so as it grips, I had my drive concrete stamped in a dark cobble finish at the old house and they added something called Rhino Grip to the gloss finish so that it wasn't slippy.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Double edge sword IMO. At least the tins rust away in time if discarded but these will not. Can we expect to see them floating past or chucked in bushes where they'll sit for ever?

Mine will be going with all the other plastic waste, straight into the recycling bin :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Progress eh?
There was something satisfying when after a bit of pulling and tugging that lump of meat finally left the tin with a reluctant release of the vacuum sensation.

john step

Reaction score
I buy Plumrose Bacon Grill from Band M at the moment at 99p a tin.
99p A days bait aint bad:D

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Just think of all those meat cutters if they replace tins with the tubs :eek:

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
I just wish Spam would realise they're sitting on an untapped fortune.

When they brought out garlic spam, I'd estimate 90% was bought as barbel / fish bait. I would guess it's the same with the current Hot and Spicy Spam.

Why don't they admit their product is great for anglers and actually enter the bait market with a separate product? Sure they're missing out on a fortune for fear of worrying existing customers or something.

C'mon Spam, good business is wherever you find it in this day and age.....:)

mikench

Reaction score
I have tried several of my local supermarkets( the usual suspects ) and cannot find spam in the plastic tubs:(