Homemade Boilie (First try)

matomato

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my first go at homemade boilies and just wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck on similar homemades?

Recipe
-3 cups low fat whey protein (White chocolate)
-2 cups self raising flour
-3 eggs
-1 tablespoon dark treacle
-1/2 tin of chill/garlic infused tuna flakes
-1tsp Red food colouring

I made a mix of 10 - 20mm boilies which to my surprise act like pop ups in water and give off an oily trail which must be from the tuna... Oh and they stink!

I also had some left over for five paste balls for when I fish the pole.

I will post up if I caught anything next week.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
to my surprise act like pop ups

Must have been the self raising flour :p

Only kidding, it's the whey protein, if you want you can replace the flour with soya flour or semolina - and possibly use ground up cat food biscuits reducing the overall amount of whey in the mix - the list of potential ingredients is quite big.

I'm surprised that it held together in all honesty, but well done for giving it a go and have fun catching all those fish :)

fishplate42

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had my first go at homemade boilies and just wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck on similar homemades?

Recipe
-3 cups low fat whey protein (White chocolate)
-2 cups self raising flour
-3 eggs
-1 tablespoon dark treacle
-1/2 tin of chill/garlic infused tuna flakes
-1tsp Red food colouring

I made a mix of 10 - 20mm boilies which to my surprise act like pop ups in water and give off an oily trail which must be from the tuna... Oh and they stink!

I also had some left over for five paste balls for when I fish the pole.

I will post up if I caught anything next week.

Hi Matomato,

Making your own bait can be great fun. I have made lots of bait myself including making Boilies. I like the idea of using whey powder and if that makes them pop up so much the better - I will be giving that a go. All my groundbait recipes are published on my blog, but the latest boilie recipe has been made to 'match' my favourite groundbait. The recipe can be found HERE. I also make other kinds of bait - It is great when it works!

Ralph.