Shimano x aero ra

ranger1

Reaction score
Hi all..

Just wondering anyone using these reels? There 90£ for one and seem to be a decent baitrunner for the price.. I'd be looking at the 8000s as I fish small rivers to medium sized lakes.. I currently are using the cheaper st rb reels and looking for a wee upgrade for the deadbaiting season.. I'd be casting out heavy ish setups! Would their be much of a difference between the two? I might get a set of two 2nd hand, what would the price for a mint pair of 8000s? Or would anyone suggest another shimano reel?
Sorry if wrong area. Cant find to much about em!
cheers.

Last edited:

chrissh

Reaction score
I have the dl and the x aero both are nice reel but the x aero has a lot more going for it. It’s a lot smoother and the spools are bigger (wider) and come with line reducers for the spools if you want to use them…

ranger1

Reaction score
I have the dl and the x aero both are nice reel but the x aero has a lot more going for it. It’s a lot smoother and the spools are bigger (wider) and come with line reducers for the spools if you want to use them…

Cheers for the reply..

Im looking to complete my deadbaiting setup this month.. Is there anything else you notice chrissh? Im going to fill it with alot of mono then put on 135meters of Power pro.. Just looking around now for a decent 2nd hand pair! ;)

chrissh

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply..

Im looking to complete my deadbaiting setup this month.. Is there anything else you notice chrissh? Im going to fill it with alot of mono then put on 135meters of Power pro.. Just looking around now for a decent 2nd hand pair! ;)

The dl is still a good reel for the money the clutch and free runner are good the spools are longer in length then the aero and smaller diameter and the reels have 3 bearing … there’s can be found being sold second for £35 up

The x aero has the shorter but bigger diameter spool which is better for distance casting and retrieve and better line lay and by using the spool reducers you don’t have to put backing line on the spool being that bit more in price the clutch is smother and has reels 4 bearing I haven’t seen a lot of theses’ being sold second hand…

ranger1

Reaction score
Same I haven't seen many a lot being sold I've seen in 3's for around 220ish but I'm only looking to get a pair any other forums that you know have a lot of people posting for sale actively? Cheers for that info looks like these are the reels :)

Cheers.