Shakespeare Agility 10ft Wand

fichie23

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience with the new version of this? I believe the old one was well liked so just checking they haven't tried to 'improve' it for the worse as seems to happen a lot nowadays before I take the plunge...

I should add I will be using the rod to target roach

Last edited:

rubio

Reaction score
Can't offer any comment on the new one but I agree the old one is pretty good for not so much money. Typical shakespeare I guess. As regards improvement, I'm not so sure the now old one was any better than the old old one. The sigma wand. I've got and use both and they do the job well I think. Link leger for Roach and dace with the odd chub. My guess is that you are planning similar stuff.
I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

fichie23

Reaction score
Was looking at the sigma wand too as the old one came highly recommended for the intended application. They have re-released this (sigma) too now but apparently its an entirely different animal ...a lot stiffer by all accounts...that is pretty much why I thought I'd put the question out there about the agility.

Very reasonably priced the Shakespeare gear as you say so I'm hoping they fit the bill.

fichie23

Reaction score
For anyone who may be interested I ended up getting this rod and can't fault it. Nice and light with a lovely through action Looks pretty tarty too which is a bonus. Bargain.