Daiwa Infinity 6 Rod 12ft Rod Holdall

fishing4luckies

Reaction score
I bought this to take a full Carping setup: 3 fishing rods (Greys Apex with 50mm butt rings) with Shimano XAero 10000 RA reels, Daiwa Emcast 12ft Spod Rod with Wychwood Dipatch 7500 reel, Daiwa Emcast Marker Rod with the same Wychwood reel.

Firstly the build quality is absolutely first class - excellent stitching, loads of padding, comfortable handles etc etc.

However, it's downfall is due to its total unsuitability for the above mentioned gear. The sales blurb mentions that its designed to accommodate rods with 50mm butt rings fully made up, so it would be reasonable to assume its aimed at Carp anglers (I don't know of any other rods that use such large rings). The problem is that it simply doesn't allow you to fit such rods in without putting a fair amount of pressure on the rods. No matter how you try and organise things something will always be bent or twisted in order to get it all in.

It's not the first time I've bought an item of fishing gear and found that a basic flaw exists with its design. I can't honestly recommend it as I'm simply not prepared to put over a £1k setup in it, knowing that my rods are being forced into the various slots and pouches.

If anyone else is using one of these and doing so successfully please let me know that I'm being a numpty.

In the meantime can I interest anyone in a once used Rod Holdall. Perfect for use with 40mm butt rings. :D