Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Daiwa Hyper Sensor

I am a fan of regular sensor so just wondered has anyone been using this & is it worth a go ?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Daiwa Hyper Sensor

Quote Originally Posted by shane99 View Post
    I am a fan of regular sensor so just wondered has anyone been using this & is it worth a go ?
    I am Interested to know this as looking to use this on my feeder rods in 6lb

no one else interested Bob so we are going to have to buy some & give some feedback

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

I have only used ordinary sensor so I cant comment, shimano aero is another I use, and I find them more or less identical, the shimano feels as if it is slighty softer,
    If you are happy with ordinary sensor and are confident in it, why change ?
    This part may contradict the above but I am going to try Preston reflo and Hyper sensor because
    I am going to be in the process of re spooling a few reels, I know what ordinary sensor and shimano
    are like, so it will be a comparison, and the one I am most happy with I will stick with it.

you know how it is Markcw we just like to try things. As Hyper sensor diameter for 6lb is roughly the same as regular sensor for 4lb give or take it has to be worth a go. If it 'behaves' the same as regular sensor thats a win win for me. I remember when drennan double strength first came out I tried it and really didnt like it as it seemed very stiff compared to whatever I was using at the time and I havent used it as a main line since.

Like yourself if your happy stick to it & regular sensor hasnt let me down ever, so could hyper sensor be the holy grail of fishing line in my tiny world ?

We will see, if you try it let me know what you think. I re spooled with regular sensor yesterday as cant waste what I have so it may be a while hence the post.

binka Guest

Cut to the chase, get some Gold Label Pro-Gold on it and be done with the whole thing... The same line will pay you back over catches and seasons!

Quality always pays you back.

Sorry...

Keyboard Turrets moment

Gip... Gip... Twitch...

Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Blog Entries

Steve, at the moment most of my fishing is done using my pole, the reels I am re spooling are my feeder reels that will
    only come out to play when I know I am going to a venue where a feeder and float rod approach will be better,
    my float reels are loaded with daiwa matchwinner line which I am happy with, as for the feeder reels I am happy with what I have on 3 of them at the moment, its the other 3 that I am going to try different lines, I buy it in 300m spools that way I can do 2 reels with one spool. Then later on in the season I will decide which one to stick with,

Update - Spooled up with 6lb hyper sensor on my centrepin - first time of use as in hdygo this week - and no probs at all. I cant see how can really get line twist spooling on a centrepin which is a positive to start. From memory 6lb hyper is the same diameter as 4lb regular sensor so a little bit more security. Seemed supple enough but not much more to add as this point. The real test will be using on a fixed spool reel which I will when I need to respool one of them so I will give another update for those who may be interested.

I’m a sceptic, have you measured these diameters or taking the claimed figures as gospel?

I can’t put my finger on it but prefer the regular to hyper.

Quote Originally Posted by shane99 View Post
    I have been using Hyper Sensor in 15lb on my 2 pike rods for 2 years now and got no complaints at all. It’s thinner than normal sensor and a bit lighter in colour but it’s supple and works well (for me anyway)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast