Squeeky Chair

fichie23

Reaction score
How do.

I have a JRC Stealth X-Lite and I must say it is one of the best chairs I have owned so far; comfortable and one of the lightest on the market.
Unfortunately, however, where the seat fabric meets the chair frame (the section that the legs attach to) it is starting to creak very loudly when you sit down on it. Not ideal when you're fishing at close quarters, and certainly not stealth like as the name suggests!

Anyone got a cure?

Cheers

fichie23

Reaction score
Haha i'm only 13.5 stone wet through so don't think that's the issue

B

binka

I have the same chair and funnily enough mine started doing exactly the same last weekend and I can't say I've ever noticed it before.

I haven't really had time to have a good think about it yet but when I do i'll let you know if I come up with a solution.

sagalout

Reaction score
If Binka's is doing it I think it is probably a sign of imminent total collapse!

fichie23

Reaction score
I have the same chair and funnily enough mine started doing exactly the same last weekend and I can't say I've ever noticed it before.

I haven't really had time to have a good think about it yet but when I do i'll let you know if I come up with a solution.

Cheers Binka, likewise.

Definitely seems to be something that happens with use as I have never noticed it either until the last couple of sessions out. I think the repetitive chafe of the fabric against the steel frame has rubbed the smooth finish away or something, so the friction between the two is where the creaking sound is coming from. No way to get the fabric off to attempt a repair though.

Frustrating as I like the chair otherwise.

fichie23

Reaction score

Mid reply on the prior post got me thinking and I have sorted it.

You can actually gingerly pull back the fabric to expose the frame with a bit a force. I just spread a bit a grease on the steel and thats done the trick.

Thanks for the replies regardless, sometimes you just need to talk it through don't ya!

dave m

Reaction score
If you undo the elastic and rub a candle along the material where it would fold over and come into contact with the chair frame it will act as a lubridant and prevent bumsqueek.