River Trent?

dicky123

Reaction score
Have any of my forum pals fished the Viaduct on the Trent any time? If so where do the Chub show normally? PM if you wish, normal gentlemanly rules apply? (If you don't know what they are, your clearly not one:wh)

Seriously, it looks a cracking bit of water. Yesterday I hooked and landed a big bream of just over 8lb, really gave a good account, and had little slim on it:cool:

Anyone know a good way to get slime of landing net?:wh

rich66

Reaction score

No idea about the Trent, but I hose my landing nets down with the “jet” setting that blasts it off. Best way I’ve found is to screw the net into a bank stick so slime flicks off under the pressure. It’s not so effective if laid on the grass.
Then I just leave to dry in the sun.

sam vimes

Reaction score

Napalm is quite effective. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine. I've taken to washing nets in the bath with biological washing liquid. Even then, I've had to resort to picking the worst of it off by hand.

mikench

Reaction score
Now you all know I like bream but the slime is disgusting and a good hose down and drying in the sun is the only answer! I couldn't believe the amount of slime dripping off the line yesterday after my solitary example! It was like a scene out of Ghostbusters!