Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Difference between the two?

A 501 with part 5579 taken out, I have the part. I should not have been removed as I said before, as you can backwind with it in, unlike the 506 hence why they had the removed. Part 5579 is called the anti-reverse pawl, by ABU.

Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by dicky123 View Post
    A 501 with part 5579 taken out, I have the part. I should not have been removed as I said before, as you can backwind with it in, unlike the 506 hence why they had the removed. Part 5579 is called the anti-reverse pawl, by ABU.

Rich.
    Yeah, I know about the pawl Rich. I'm surprised someone has interfeered with a 501 though.....must be retards or summot lol.
    I have a 506 and even though the drag is sticky, especially so when it' s tightened up a bit I wouldn't dream of removing the pawl and ruining the reels integrity. I just live with the no so good drag.
    As I said the 501 has a drag, backwind tightener screw on the elbow of the handle which works pretty well. I don't think I ever back wind with it, I just keep the drag screw backed off to a lighti'sh pressure and sort of use it like a centrepin reel letting the handle catch on my fingers to slow it down as a fish runs...if you get my meaning.

I do 100% know what you mean Tigger. I'm thinking of sending it to Jims Reel shop to get it put back buddy. He seems to be the guy in the know, and sound decent by the number of times I've asked him questions without buying anything?

Rich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12