Preston ICS quick change beads

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I seem to go through things like this at a ferocious rate what with losing feeders to trees etc.
I bought some of the above beads in a size Large and noticed something a little worrying.
On first use of them last week I had a fish come away on the strike (8lb mainline 9lb hooklength) and it failed on the hook loop (pre-tied) or so I thought.
Unsure as to the nature of the failure I carried on using and noticed that the new hooklength came away from the bead with hardly any force/manipulation etc at which point I swapped the bead out for a Drennan quick change swivel.
Even using Preston pre-tied (I normally use Guru) they are quite difficult to align on the bead, it seems as though the loop just isn't quite big enough and as such has little wiggle room.

Am I doing something wrong here or is it just PI gear falling down (not for the first time for me)?

chrissh

Reaction score
Can’t say about the Preston ICS quick change beads. I stopped buying Preston pre-tied hook having the same problem with the loops not holding and problem with C1 pre-tied hooks the pellet bands braking on new unused hooks … I use guru now