Meat cutter

mikench

Reaction score
Meat ie spam or equivalent has been my most successful bait this year and whilst I can cut a tin into cubes , it is time consuming and my quality control for sizes does deteriorate!

I couldn't bring myself to spend a lot on a MAP cutter and felt it would need a lot of cleaning! I bought this; STAINLESS 9mm MEAT CUTTER FITS FISHING BAIT BOX CARP BARBEL BREAM TENCH CHUB | eBay

At £4.75 I thought it was worth a punt and I am pleased with it! It reduces a large tin in a matter of minutes! A 6mm variant is available too! You press the cutter gently onto the full block of spam and create discernible lines 9mm apart then you cut along the lines to create the slices( easy) and then push the slices through the cutter! I keep my tins in my bait fridge( er indoors wouldn't agree) and being cold it cuts easier ! A useful little gadget!

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a meat cutter Mike ....it's a lock knife and I reckonI coukd give your meat cutter a run for it's money in the speed at which I can cut the meat :).
My cutting skills have come from a lifetimes chopping up fruit and veg for parrots ;).

mikench

Reaction score
I bet you could Ian but not necessarily uniform 9mm cubes in next to no time! :) How are the macaws? They must be fully grown by now!!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I bet you could Ian but not necessarily uniform 9mm cubes in next to no time! :) How are the macaws? They must be fully grown by now!!

Mmm, maybe not exactly 9m, maybe a bit one way or'tuther :). You do realise the fish don't have tape measures don't you Mike :wh ;).

Yeah, the chicks have grown large now, infact one went to it's new home last week (thank £00k) lol. Just have one now, i'll bring it indoors shortly, it goes out in a flight during the day.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I have had the MAP cutter or a few years with various sized blades, simple and quick to use, If you want a "Meat Mush" Just put the cubes of meat back through the cutter a few times. Quicker than a knife and Mikes mini grill tray :wh

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the MAP cutter with several different size blades.

Each in is is razor sharp and I once came close to slicing the top of my thumb off when washing it up.

They are a brilliant oiece piece of kit but be very careful when using or cleaning.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Peter, I have found leaving all the MAP cutter, body ,blades and blade block soaking in hot water with washing up liquid for around 10 -15 minutes, then using a dedicated washing up brush ( stiffer bristles , the better) gets it clean and rid of the bits in the blade block very easily,

mikench

Reaction score
I have found leaving all the MAP cutter, body ,blades and blade block soaking in hot water with washing up liquid for around 10 -15 minutes, then using a dedicated washing up brush ( stiffer bristles , the better) gets it clean and rid of the bits in the blade block very easily,

Res ipsa loquitur! My little grill takes 10 seconds to clean!:cool:t

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have the map cutter and I think it’s awful. I have an engineering background and if I couldn’t design something superior then I would be very surprised. Mike’s cutter is in a way better because; if the reason to use the cutter is to be more efficient then it wouldn’t take what seems to be a lifetime to clean the b*&£ard thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk