New guru inline plummets

seth49

Reaction score
Inline Plummets - Korda24.com

Got a couple of these the lightest ones used them today, to plumb my pole rigs, very impressed with them, the hook goes into the latex at the bottom very easy, should last longer than cork, and there design makes them very accurate to.

sam vimes

Reaction score
They aren't exactly new. I think I've been using them for at least a year, but suspect it's actually quite a bit more. However, despite being rather expensive, I don't use any other type of plummet now. They are better than any other type I've tried. I also seem to lose less of them.

daniel121

Reaction score
OK so now I'm going to have to be controversial because this product the guru inline plummet to me is a prime example of tackle catching anglers and not fish and in my eyes its not good for fishing.

It was marketed as the must have tool for fishing dead depth, however if you sit back and think about it for a moment you can never fish dead depth to the mm so it's a disingenuous product from here in to me.

Its a weight to give you a indication of how deep the water is, no more no less we don't need to buy expensive branded items to do this, fishing is already expensive enough and daunting enough to the newcomer without tackle companies making it worse with products like this.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I don't disagree about the dead depth thing. However, I'm perfectly content to pay the asking price because they work well, last longer, and I lose less of them than other types. They are the plummet equivalent of the exceed disgorgers.

daniel121

Reaction score
They certainly are, I don't lose many plummets at all when the cork or whatever wares out which is rare I'll chuck em in my tub in the shed, Ill glue something on to hold the hook next time I'm making floats with the left over waste materials.

It's only a plummet, the fish don't care about plummets and if I'm honest nor do I. I don't know mate maybe as I have said in the past maybe I'm just too logically minded, I can never understand branding/fashion etc. I get a headake when buying women's jewellery! Lol its just the way my head is wired up :)

John Keane

Reaction score
What about the glaring design flaw that after you’ve stuck the hook into the rubber plug it’s very difficult to get out again as it’s inside the recessed slot? I tried them and found I had to use a baiting needle to catch the hook and pull it out!

I am a big fan of Guru products but this is just a waste of time to catch gullible anglers. The difference in dead depth with this vs a conventional plummet is around 2 or 3mm and, given the nature of lake bottoms, debris, silt, etc, which means you’re not plumbing up on a billiard table, I just think they’re a waste of space. Mine went on eBay to catch some other mug!

nottskev

Reaction score
I suppose you can say Guru brought a bit of fresh thinking to an item that hadn't changed much in ages. Whether avoiding the tiny distortion of depth you get from the old bell-shaped plummet (given few bottoms are level to that degree anyway) is important, or whether you think the hard base tells you more about the bottom, is up to the angler. I'm not too tempted by the designer plummet myself.

I did buy a few small Guru items - I agree they do make some nice bits and pieces - but the level of packaging was irritating. Why a mini feeder needs a big, hard plastic snap-together package and a colourful card insert is beyond me, and I'm no environmental puritan. For me, their modern thinking is undermined by their equally modern cute but pointless packaging.

John Keane

Reaction score
I agree on other bits of Guru tackle, Kev. I particularly like their Inline Hybrid Method and Pellet Feeders. I am a big fan of their Impact Bombs, that have a recess in the lead to load up with softened micro pellets and their Speed Beads to enable quick change of hooklength. I also like their Pellet Pliers for banding pellets much more than the conventional four prong pellet bander. Their ready tied 4” 6” and 15” hooklengths with a variety of different hair rigs like quikstops, bayonet and latex band are also great for a lazy sod like me who can’t be ar$ed tying his own.

sam vimes

Reaction score
If anything, I tend to ignore the Guru stuff. I certainly don't buy anything because it has Guru on the side. Can't say that I've ever had problems getting hooks out of them, despite mostly using barbed hooks. As I said earlier, I bought them initially to see if they were any good. They were, and I seem to lose less of them on cobbly rivers and weedy still waters, that are often plummet graveyards. That's good enough for me to buy more, should I need to.

John Keane

Reaction score
If anything, I tend to ignore the Guru stuff. I certainly don't buy anything because it has Guru on the side. Can't say that I've ever had problems getting hooks out of them, despite mostly using barbed hooks. As I said earlier, I bought them initially to see if they were any good. They were, and I seem to lose less of them on cobbly rivers and weedy still waters, that are often plummet graveyards. That's good enough for me to buy more, should I need to.

Nope, I don’t buy anything because it has Guru on the side either and I don’t buy faddy stuff (like those inline plummets) but some Guru stuff is innovative and well designed and unique (at least until Preston Imitations gaze comes to rest on it)

Keith M

Reaction score
Do they still sell the tiny copper plummets with the flat wide bottom and the longish thin 1 inch stems?

I used to like using these on the pole especially over soft silt when a standard plummet would tend to sink down into the silt.

Keith

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I also like their Pellet Pliers for banding pellets much more than the conventional four prong pellet bander.

Haven’t seen these pliers before, just what I need, hate those prong things, thanks for the heads up.