Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pole Testing Suppliers

Something to take into consideration when getting the feel of a pole in a shop is it will feel a little different when it's elasticated. Putting 16 or 20 elastic through the top 2 can make a pole sag a bit which may not be evident when you try it out unelasticated...

Quote Originally Posted by peter crabtree View Post
    Something to take into consideration when getting the feel of a pole in a shop is it will feel a little different when it's elasticated. Putting 16 or 20 elastic through the top 2 can make a pole sag a bit which may not be evident when you try it out unelasticated...
    Same applies to giving a rod a waggle in the shop without a reel on it. At the very least the dealer should grab the tip and let you put it into a serious curve.

Been a while since my original post but a small update on pole choice. I ended up buying the MAP 501 2G and so far very pleased with it. I got a great deal from Andy @ Warrington Tackle and guns which is my local shop. He sorted me out with all top kit elastics, Dacron connectors and pulla bung beads etc. Had a short spell at 14.5 meters and was great. 13 meters was a breeze and very comfortable. I’ve heard MAP may be bringing out another update this year but I’m over the moon with mine.

Jeff

You could have gone to the Markcw Empirium for the pole fixated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12