Shimano Baitrunner X Aero 2500 FA

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've got two sets of these reels that i've had a couplw of years now (only ever used one!) and i've just tried winding like that with the two 4000 sized versions. You can hear a noise similar to the reel in the video but it isn't as loud. It just sounds like the coggs meshing together to me though maybe there's not much grease or oil on them.
If in doubt send them back or take them back if you got them from a shop and show the shop keeper. At the end of the day if your not happy just get your money back.

fichie23

Reaction score
I took the spool off as I thought it might be the line guard making the noise but it seems it is definately internal.

Greasing the gears would probably help but you shouldn't have to do this on new reels at 120 a pop. Plus too much grease is certainely not a good thing with gears.

I have around 8 other shimano reels and never had this trouble before. The noise is still there when wound in slow but I just sped it up so the video would pick it up better. A real shame. Will perhaps try for a replacement set first in light of the positive experiences you have all had with them. Could have just gotten unlucky...twice!