Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Spool repair

Default Spool repair

Managed to scuff the spool on my Daiwa Ninja today, lines now catching on the rough edge while I’m trotting.
    Anyone had any success in smoothing the burrs off or is it a replacement ?
    Cheers

Default Re: Spool repair

Take your time and use a triangular fine oilstone it will not leave any scratches or fine wet & dry soaked in oil... keep working in the same direction NOT in circles
    Trust me I’m an Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by chrissh View Post
    Take your time and use a triangular fine oilstone it will not leave any scratches or fine wet & dry soaked in oil... keep working in the same direction NOT in circles
    Thanks chrissh, I’ve took my diamond coated sharpener pen to it. Seems better already. If that’s not worked I’ll try your suggestion.

I would have said the same! I dropped the spool on my Stradic onto the concrete garage floor. I used a very fine file just to remove the small burr and then used a very fine sandpaper to finish it off! You can hardly tell but I know it's there! It serves me right for being a clumsy s**!

Default Spool repair

Must remember not to drag my reel/rod across the concrete in future !!
    All seems ok now, managed to do it with out removing the line too.

Blog Entries

This stuff Interlocking Heavy Duty EVA Foam Gym Flooring Floor Mat Mats Tiles 60X60X1cm | eBay is brilliant for workshop floors. That's not necessarily the cheapest source just search for 'eva floor tiles'.

Quote Originally Posted by wetthrough View Post
    This stuff Interlocking Heavy Duty EVA Foam Gym Flooring Floor Mat Mats Tiles 60X60X1cm | eBay is brilliant for workshop floors. That's not necessarily the cheapest source just search for 'eva floor tiles'.
    Good stuff we have it on the garage floor. Did wonder about taking a bit down the canal with me to sit on, I quite often sit on the concrete edging of the canal rather than carry my chair. That’s were I damaged my spool