Hardy Specimen Rod

lakhyaman

Reaction score
I know I should post this in the "Wanted" section but it seems to be hardly frequented.

I am looking for a Hardy Marksman Supero 3 piece 12 ft Specimen rod. I know they are not easily found but I wondered if anyone knew of one for sale or if I could acquire one through theft, highway robbery, marriage or any other means!

This is the rod:Hardy Marksman Supero Specimen Rod 12ft

Much thanks

All the best

Lakhyaman

mikench

Reaction score
My list to Santa was a little late in the preparation and whilst dispatched more in hope than expectation, it contained a ps asking Santa to swing by Bangladesh with one of those!!

I cannot guarantee this however but if Santa fails, I will keep an eye out!:rolleyes:

hague01

Reaction score
Yes they are very few and far between.I finally bought one (used obviously) 18 months ago.I had been looking on ebay mainly. The one I bought was only the 2nd which was listed in over 3 years.I do have, if you are interested, a copy of the hardy brochure and could email the page to you if I had an address to send it to.
I finally sold mine, for what i paid, about 3 months ago!I had bought and still have a 13' supero extreme float which I liked more as it better suited my type of fishing. I did have 5 hardy's but down just to 2 now.The 13' float and a superlite bomb. I used the 12' spec for carp with a slider float( polaris) but find the float much better for this but it handled carp to high double figures very well so i think it would excel as a 2lb barbel rod

lakhyaman

Reaction score
Yes, they seem to be difficult to get hold of. I will keep searching the internet to find one for sale although I suspect it could be a long wait. I have an original Marksman 13 ft specimen float which in my opinion is the best rod they made. It handles small fish to those in the twenties with great aplomb.

I actually have a copy of the page for the Specimen rod but thanks for the offer.

All the best

Lakhyaman