codlivine for tench

mikench

Reaction score
I tried cod liver oil( damm predictive text!:rolleyes:) for general fishing but can't say it made any difference! I used the soluble capsules which were past their sell by date! I just added it to either GB or micros!

corixa58

Reaction score
Mikench codlivine is the horse supplement very strong aniseed smell turns GB red full of fish oils

nottskev

Reaction score
I had to look it up! You say "nowadays".....was it popular at some time? What form does it take? Have you used it? Any good?

mikench

Reaction score
Well you learn something new everyday! Needless to say I have never heard of it and not used it! Thanks for that!;)

corixa58

Reaction score
I had to look it up! You say "nowadays".....was it popular at some time? What form does it take? Have you used it? Any good?

Used to be quite popular back in the late 90s early 2000s it was featured in anglers mail in 2003, it is a horse joint supplement super codlivine now about £15 for a 2.5 kg pack you use it at 10 % of your groundbait mix and it turns it red, if you google " codlivine for tench "the anglers mail article gives a few gb mixes using it, no idea how to do a link thingy, mainly for tench and bream. as above strong aniseed smell and lots of fish oils.