Guru float tubes.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen guru's float tubes,with zip fastening,unbelievable,£12.99 for the 190 size,£16.99 for the 350,incredibly expensive it seems to me,your opinions please?

nottskev

Reaction score
I haven't seen these, but I have been looking out for float boxes lately. I have some Guru bits - eg feeders - and they show some cute design. But their small items are pricey and ridiculously over-packaged with unhealthy amounts of plastic and cardboard. I saw some of their feeder rods at the Dronfield Angling Direct the other day at prices between £350 and £450. There was a post-communist joke where one New Russian says to another "See that watch? Cost me $1,000" and gets the answer "So what? I know where you can get one like that for $2,000".

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've little doubt that they'll be pretty good, but Guru, and plenty of other brands, certainly know how to charge for what appear to be relatively unsubstantial items of tackle.

I regularly fish a deep stillwater, and tend to favour rather long wagglers when doing so. I'm always on the look out for boxes to use for float storage. I'm not much of a fan of float tubes and I'd prefer it if whatever I use fits into the bait and bits bags I favour. I recently bought four plastic containers on ebay for a grand total of £13. Not the most sustantial, or highest quality, but they take all bar two of my longest floats and fit into my bag perfectly.

The 2.5l variant.

Reaction score
The containers in your link seem good to me and if I could find one the right size for my floats,I would rather your option than pay sixteen quid plus for something that inasmuch does the same job.

mikench

Reaction score
I still keep some flats in a tube but have gone off them in preference to a long slim flat box. Nottskev started a post on the subject and numerous good value boxes came up like those in Sams' post including one from Bulgaria. I bought one for £3.80 delivered and is over 12" long and it's perfect and allows me to look at my motley selection in the box rather than having to tip them all out! The one you want is always impossible to spot and last out!

NEW ITALIAN PLASTICA PANARO FISHING TACKLE FLOAT BOX -

Last edited:

Reaction score
Just to conclude,I went into the Range yesterday(should I say,followed swmbo) and spotted a plastic box,sealed lid,with life of different colours,£1.99,job done,mine has a very bright green lid.;)

Last edited:

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a barbel rod made up many years ago,I wanted it shocking pink,just to prove what load of rubbish is talked about matt varnish,dark whipping etc,it makes no difference....unless you are wearing a bright shirt whilst bobbing and weaving,a bit like swivels,people try to cover them because any glint will spook the fish,well I've had big fish of all species feeding next to diet coke cans and the like,in very clear water,they were taking bait next to them...

John Keane

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Guru tackle and only use their Method and Hybrid Feeders. I’ve had a lot of success in the colder months using the Impact Bombs that carry dampened pellets. I’m impressed with their 6” hooklength boxes and ready tied hook lengths in 4” & 15”. However I wouldn’t pay that price for a float tube, got to be selective about the extent of how much you indulge tackle fads.

Reaction score
Lets be fair the price of the larger one is 10% of a decent rod.