Shimano Baitrunner XT4000FA in dark green

John Keane

Reaction score
Anyone come across this reel in dark green? Some kind of special edition?

I gather that the XT FA model is a cut above the likes of the ST FB, of which I have three?

sam vimes

Reaction score
No, it's not a special edition, just a discontinued model. They did XT FAs in 2500 and 4000 size. They were just a bit better specified than their contemporary ST and DL models. The introduction of the X Aero FA saw them off.

waldi

Reaction score
I’ve got this one in 2500 size that I use for light leger/feeder fishing. Prefer it to the X-Aero FA 400 that I have. It (seems to me) noticeably better than the other versions of shimano mini bait runner.

Jon.

Last edited:

John Keane

Reaction score
Thanks chaps, I believe the green one has an all metal body rather than a composite one?

Seen one for sale and am interested.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I am misinformed then, but I think the spec is better than the ST FB?

Yes, as in my original post, they were the top specified of the three contemporary mini-baitrunners of their time. The only oddball was the D baitrunner (a touch better specified still), but that wasn't available as a 2500 model, only 4000 and upwards.

The Sogster

Reaction score
Sam Vines is correct regarding the body etc. I have the 2500 xtfa a lovely little baitrunner the original rrp was a penny under £150 for both models if I recall correctly.

John Keane

Reaction score
Just out of interest, how compact are the older, rear drag Aero & GT 4000 size Baitrunners? I have a pair of the 6000’s and I like them a lot.

Last edited: