Shimano 8 metre whip/pole

padman400

Reaction score
Does any one know anything about this whip/pole. It is not elasticated comes with a whip type end. I know ought about poles and whips as you probably gathered, just bought this for a play.

see attached photo.

Any info welcome - i did a google search but nothing showed up :(

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 524

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Never seen one before, but looks pretty good and being Shimano should be good quality.

What are the sections like, are they all telescopic or are some of the bigger 'sections put in'? If it's teh latter you can fish the whip at different lengths then, BONUS!

What is on the tip? Is it just the naked carbon tip or has someone fitted a Stonfo to attach a loop of line to? This is a Stonfo and the line goes in the slot and the barrel covers it. You glue them to the end, but it's rare to find them these days.
Stonfo-2.jpg

There are other ways of attaching the line using tubing.

Attachments

• Stonfo.jpg
    Stonfo.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a whip so shouldn't be elasticated and is used as a line to hand whip.

I have a Milo version that is telescopic for the top 3 sections and take apart for the rest.

They were designed to be used at any length from around 3m up to the full 8m so thereby allieviating the need for many different length whips.

padman400

Reaction score
It is a take apart pole with just the end bit being telescopic, which has a little metal ring in it to connect the line.

Do you recommend changing the ring and putting one of the stonfo connectors on?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few different methods of attaching a rig to a whip, but the most simple being a Stonfo connector as it is less "fiddly" in all honesty.