Drennan 3 metre twistlock handle

john step

Reaction score
Better not pollute PCs HDYGO anymore about handles..... anyway re my recent mishap with the grommet....
Billy Clarke are sending a new grommet for the princely sum of £2.99 plus postage.

I shall in future make sure the handle is cleaned and kept pristine as per Sams advice.

Molehill

Reaction score
Tend to find that dirt and grit go through the little breather hole in the butt cap - because I tend to use it as a walking stick on steep river banks :eek: and it clogs up.
So regularly I unscrew that, plus unscrew the whole inner section of handle take it out and give a good clean and the inside of the outer section. Surprising how much muck and grit get in there.

Not sure internal greasing in any way is a good idea as it gives the grit more to stick onto and act like sandpaper - but that is just my thoughts - maybe others use something (Vaseline perhaps?). I do give the tubes a wipe down with some liquid silicone, under armour I think it is, have a spray I used to use on my fly lines years ago.
Anyway, keep it clean and it should be good.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I must own up and in all the years I have owned my twistlock, must be pushing 10 now, I have never opened it up or cleaned anything other than what is visible on the outside and it still works like new.............................

john step

Reaction score
I now have a twistlock landing net handle that is working perfectly. The grommet came from Billy Clarkes and I scrupulously cleaned it and fitted the part. I rubbed a little rubber valve lubricant over the inner pole. I suspect its the same stuff that is used for lubing pole elastic.

Good as new £2.99 plus postage.

The big problem is that tomorrow the rain is forecast for very heavy and prolonged and I have promised to be a good boy and not go and try it out. Roll on Monday.

Last edited: