Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default Drennan 3 metre twistlock handle

Better not pollute PCs HDYGO anymore about handles..... anyway re my recent mishap with the grommet....
    Billy Clarke are sending a new grommet for the princely sum of £2.99 plus postage.

I shall in future make sure the handle is cleaned and kept pristine as per Sams advice.

Default Re: Drennan 3 metre twistlock handle

Tend to find that dirt and grit go through the little breather hole in the butt cap - because I tend to use it as a walking stick on steep river banks and it clogs up.
    So regularly I unscrew that, plus unscrew the whole inner section of handle take it out and give a good clean and the inside of the outer section. Surprising how much muck and grit get in there.

Not sure internal greasing in any way is a good idea as it gives the grit more to stick onto and act like sandpaper - but that is just my thoughts - maybe others use something (Vaseline perhaps?). I do give the tubes a wipe down with some liquid silicone, under armour I think it is, have a spray I used to use on my fly lines years ago.
    Anyway, keep it clean and it should be good.

I must own up and in all the years I have owned my twistlock, must be pushing 10 now, I have never opened it up or cleaned anything other than what is visible on the outside and it still works like new.............................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

I now have a twistlock landing net handle that is working perfectly. The grommet came from Billy Clarkes and I scrupulously cleaned it and fitted the part. I rubbed a little rubber valve lubricant over the inner pole. I suspect its the same stuff that is used for lubing pole elastic.

Good as new £2.99 plus postage.

The big problem is that tomorrow the rain is forecast for very heavy and prolonged and I have promised to be a good boy and not go and try it out. Roll on Monday.
    Last edited by john step; 25-10-2019 at 17:28.