Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    I purchased one of these yesterday, It was a toss up between this and the Acolyte margin pole, The prices were very similar,so that was not a deciding factor, I put both poles up and sat on seatbox to see how they were at full length and for weight, The Matrix was slightly stiffer and felt lighter and better balanced, Also it came with 3 topkits compared to the Acolytes 2 kits, the matrix kits have a small roller inside the side puller compared to bushes rollers and bangs for the drennan. I got it elasticated, with 10/12, 14/16 and 18/20 drennan hollow elastic, All I have to do now is catch some fish with it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    leafy cheshire
    Posts
    12,691

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    What is that in English Mark?

    How many poles do you need? Don't answer that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    Matrix is the brand,as you should know Mike.
    As for number of poles I have are 1 x 16 metre, 1 x 10 metre margin, 2x 4.5 metre margin, 1 x 12.5 metre , and the matrix margin I bought yesterday, I had sold 2 x 16 metre poles the past month. The 12.5 metre is the one you will be having when I source a couple of topkits for it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West midlands
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    Interesting mikench will be receiving a pole :-) you watch his rods will be up for sale on here soon

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West midlands
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    Matrix is the brand,as you should know Mike.
    As for number of poles I have are 1 x 16 metre, 1 x 10 metre margin, 2x 4.5 metre margin, 1 x 12.5 metre , and the matrix margin I bought yesterday, I had sold 2 x 16 metre poles the past month. The 12.5 metre is the one you will be having when I source a couple of topkits for it.
    How do you hold them long poles I struggle with my 6m pole think that's a middy, also got a 6m and a 5m Shakespeare and two 4m but cant remember what brand they are somebody gave me a load of fishing stuff, poles, rods, luggage, umbrella, seat box etc, I threw it all in me shed and have never used any of it,

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    If it's a 6 metre middy white knuckle, they are heavy but will land big fish , I forgot to include that in my list of poles, It sounds as if you have fibreglass poles,
    Holding 16 metres depends more on the balance of the pole, the weight is also a factor to consider, Some poles that may have a more stated weight than another may feel lighter to hold due to its balance,

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West midlands
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    If it's a 6 metre middy white knuckle, they are heavy but will land big fish , I forgot to include that in my list of poles, It sounds as if you have fibreglass poles,
    Holding 16 metres depends more on the balance of the pole, the weight is also a factor to consider, Some poles that may have a more stated weight than another may feel lighter to hold due to its balance,
    Yes that's what it is a white knuckle, its weight shocked me as I thought carbon was lighter than fibreglass, that's why I got the white knuckle as it claimed to be for carp, it came with 2 top kits 1 with elastic 8-10 which I use for silver fish and the other i think its elastic is 18+ not sure, I've got 24 in my head for some reason but I think that's because it says 24 strong somewhere on the pole, that's probably referring to pole strength maybe ?,

    I originally got fiberglass poles,

    1. Because of the price, being new to fishing I did not want to spend a fortune to start with, learn the ropes and find out what I like first and then upgrade later kind of thing

    2. I was told fiberglass being flexible made it more durable for a beginner.

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    The 6 metre white knuckle is fibreglass, the 8 metre white knuckle thriller is either carbon or carbon composite, the 24 is elastic rating, and if you put a 24 rated elastic through the top two of that pole, you unless it is set soft you will pull out of 95% of carp you hook. There is a saying " buy cheap, buy twice" if you are going to spend £100 pound on a cheap pole, put the £100 towards a better 2nd hand pole, that way if you dont like it you can always recoup most of your money.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West midlands
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    Quote Originally Posted by markcw View Post
    The 6 metre white knuckle is fibreglass, the 8 metre white knuckle thriller is either carbon or carbon composite, the 24 is elastic rating, and if you put a 24 rated elastic through the top two of that pole, you unless it is set soft you will pull out of 95% of carp you hook. There is a saying " buy cheap, buy twice" if you are going to spend £100 pound on a cheap pole, put the £100 towards a better 2nd hand pole, that way if you dont like it you can always recoup most of your money.
    I thought it was carbon because its said carbon xxx just found some for sale and read the description and it is saying triple x strong system joints, so it is fibre glass with a bit of carbon where the sections connect ?

    Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    THE NEXT BITE IS GOING TO BE THE MONSTER.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
    Posts
    2,161
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Matrix MXI 8.5 metre margin pole

    Yes, fibreglass pole with a trace of carbon in the joints, Price around £40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •