Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Most chersihed rig bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Aknib View Post
    I'd really look forward to seeing those in the float making thread
    Prepare to be disappointed. "Home made" is stretching it a bit. 3d modeled then cnc machined and painted but I'll post them up anyway, there's a reason for the cnc approach.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    If you can cope with a loaded float, try the Drennan Visi Wag 2. Similar sensitivity and fine glow tips, but they don't disintegrate.
    I prefer loaded floats, I load the gt antennas. mikench has some visiwags and from what I've observed they appear to be too heavily loaded at the float. It takes next to nothing down the line although Drennan say it takes 8 No8s. Not sure I'm keen on them all taking the same shot. I like to avoid having any shot by the float if at all possible. I might give one a go some time all the same, thanks.

Another vote for micro swivels( cralusso mostly) and nice little floats in lovely summery colours.

As Gordon knows I couldn't cope without my plumbob.

I also like the little floats stops especially the 500 for £1.98 from China.

Those little rubber sliding float stops. I tie two nylon stops if the water is deep enough for the stop to need to go through the rod rings, but if the depth is say 11' and the rod 14' or 15', I'll slide the float a couple of feet and stop it with one of these.

But they have lots of other uses. Around the float instead of locking shot if you want all the shot down, for some reason, or your float is loaded. Two together as a leger stop for a running bomb or feeder. Above and below an olivette to keep it in place. With mainline and a 6" piece of line through to make a slideable link leger. There are probably others I can't remember now.

I use that link leger trick when chub fishing

I am not sure this qualifies for a rig bit but........it attaches Stotz wonderfully so I have included it. They were marketed by Daiwa and I am glad I bought two as I have not seen them since. They hold the Stotz securely without the need from any pressure from the angler . All you do then is squeeze the smaller end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12