Just wondered ?

dicky123

Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the little 11' Acolyte ultra float rod please? It says it has a lightning fast action (that I'm after) I have owned one in the longer length, but was not impressed with the action, and sold it. Looking for a proper 11' float rod, not pellet waggler for lines up to 4lb, but I do like that quick tip on a rod. Thanks as always guys. Richard.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Much is going to depend on your interpretation of what exactly a "lightning fast action" is. I have the 11' Acolyte Ultra (and several other Acolyte float rods). I feel that the actions are very similar across all the different length Ultras and Pluses. I have a feeling that if you didn't like a 13/14/15' Acolyte Ultra, then you probably won't like the 11' Acolyte Ultra.

I know others will disagree, but I feel that the Acolytes are a bit of a half way house action for those that prefer a few rods to do everything. They are inbetween my idea of a fast actioned trotting rod and a more through actioned waggler rod. If your point of reference is the 11' Drennan Matchpro Ultralight, then the 11' Acolyte Ultra is a faster action but similar power.

Until last year, I had an 11' Matchpro Ultralight. It ended up being sold because I had other options. I have a light canal type waggler rod that I prefer on stillwaters and the Acolyte was used on becks/small rivers. However, I recently shortened a 13' spliced tip rod for the becks/small rivers which has left the Acolyte close to redundant.

dicky123

Reaction score
Sam.

Thanks I have the Matchpro ultralight 11', being honest I've not given it a really good try. But I found the action a little slow for my taste last time out trotting on a little stream. Now the Acolytes are coming down a little I may look for a second hand one, then sell the Matchpro. Thanks Sam good info.

Reaction score
Had a 'waggle' of a guys 11ft cadence no.1 on Saturday,fantastic light slim blank,but thought the no.2 might be a bit crisper,guy reckoned it was great for not bumping roach and dace though,horses for courses again im afraid....

dicky123

Reaction score
Had a 'waggle' of a guys 11ft cadence no.1 on Saturday,fantastic light slim blank,but thought the no.2 might be a bit crisper,guy reckoned it was great for not bumping roach and dace though,horses for courses again im afraid....
Thanks buddy a good thought.