Purely for interest, Ha!

dicky123

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the newish range of Tri-cast float rods? In the past I loved their blanks for tench rods, but have not seen any recently? Just wondering, interested. Rich.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How new are we talkin'?
I have a 13ft allerton match waggler which I got about 3yrs ago and is still classed as new, must be nearly 10yrs old!
I remember speaking to someone at tricast who told me they weren't altering it as they simply couldn't improve on it. I have a feeling he just told me the truth, there's only so much they can do.

This is the rod on test when it was realeased....

YouTube

sam vimes

Reaction score
I would suspect that ****y will be talking about the Andy Bennett Excellence range. I believe that they've only appeared in the last six months or so, but don't know exactly when.

The Allerton Waggler is newer than the rest of the Allerton range (spliced tip). They changed the reel seats and other cosmetics when they introduced the Waggler version, but the Allerton rods existed at least ten years prior to that (he says fifteen (approx 1995) in the video). Tri-Cast aren't the sort of company that changes things for the sake of it. They actually manage to make Drennan look bad in this respect.