Tri-Cast aristocrat

dicky123

Reaction score
Guys.

I mentioned I'm after a 11' silver rod for small venues. Does anyone know about this rod in the 11'6'' model please? More about the action and line b/s please? I'm struggling to find info on this one.

Thanks. Richard.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I've not laid hands on an 11'6" Aristocrat. However, rods of that length in Tri-Cast float rod ranges are usually intended as canal rods. It's quite likely to have a spliced tip, but may have more of a through action than a spliced tip rod intended for trotting. I'd expect it to have a mainline rating of no more than 4lb and probably less.

dicky123

Reaction score
I've not laid hands on an 11'6" Aristocrat. However, rods of that length in Tri-Cast float rod ranges are usually intended as canal rods. It's quite likely to have a spliced tip, but may have more of a through action than a spliced tip rod intended for trotting. I'd expect it to have a mainline rating of no more than 4lb and probably less.

Sam.

Thanks sounds ideal. But unless I can get it for a bargain price, the Ultra 11' is not far off the money they are asking. Thanks again. Rich.

sam vimes

Reaction score
the Ultra 11' is not far off the money they are asking.

That sounds a bit rich to me. The 11' 6" Vinny Smith Canal rod still holds its value pretty well, but I wouldn't expect an Aristocrat (of any length) to sell for more than £100. They usually go for less.