Soft pellets.

dicky123

Reaction score
Guys.

I've a number of hard pellets and wondered if its possible to make a soft pellet from them? Something you could put a hook into?

Thanks.

nottskev

Reaction score
That old idea from the early days of pellets - grind to a powder, put in a plastic bag, add an egg and knead into a stiffish paste - will still catch plenty. But you're limited to fishing a pole or under your rod tip, as you can't really cast it.

Paste paul

Reaction score
Yep.......
Get a small handful bob them in a small plastic bag ....... just cover them with water and tie a knot in the bag making sure you expel all the air..... leave over night .....
They should be soft enough to hook ......
I only do enough for a days session.
Hope this helps

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Not really worth the effort in trying to get it right in my opinion.

Paste is an option but as Kev says it’s not a bait for casting. If you simply break them down with boiling water you can make a nice paste. Great carp bait when the weather warms up a bit.

Best to keep them for feed and buy a pack of Sonubaits pro expanders which will last an age for the quantities you need for the hook.

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
I have been experimenting with various paste mixes recently.

Best for casting and for bites has been Sonubaits Fibre Paste in Krill flavor, with about 20% ground up boilies/pellets.

Gentle casts up to 40 yds are possible and barbel seem to take the soft paste better than a hard boilie.

Another paste that has kept on the hook well was made from sliced white bread dried for a few days, blended to a dust. Then a small amount of ground up boilie added with minimal water kneaded in to make a very stiff and sticky paste.