Carp rods

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Fox Warrior in 2.5lb tc. Lovely rod and can't be beaten in this price range. You should get one for about £55.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I have a pair of fox predator 12ft 2.75lb tc rods for sale, excellent condition and hardly used, these rods are very light in weight. Offers

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Mcmilligan,

Turn on your message box.

I have 2 x 2.5 tc Fox warrior rod's , 2 x 2 fox mmx alarms, may hav esome reels, pm me, i will get back to you. these are in mint Condition

Windy

Reaction score
Another vote for the Fox Warriors / Warrior XTs. Unbeatable. Shimano hyperloop equivalent much the same price but horribly tip heavy and unwieldy by comparison.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I have shimano hyperloops and I dont find them tip heavy and un wieldy. Once they have a fully loaded reel on they are quite nicely balanced.

I understand young McMilligan is going for the Fox jobs anyway.

Windy

Reaction score
I have both Trev (or all three if you count the original Warrior and the Warrior XT as two different) and am in a position to make a direct comparison in hand. Side by side the difference is chalk and cheese. The Foxes feel beautifully balanced in hand, the Hyperloop by comparison feels as if someone has sellotaped a three ounce weight to the tip section.

If you just handle the Shim on its own there's nothing terribly wrong with it. It's by the comparison that it suffers. After all, 99% of the time a Carp rod is going to be sitting in its rod rests....

However if like me you like to go off on a wander and a bit of stalking carrying the rod then it does make a big difference over a couple of hours.

big Stu

Reaction score
try the greys prodigy - they were £120 but ae now around £60. great rods for the money, or similar but cheaper are the chub outkasts

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Greys make good rod, I`m thinking of changing my 3 rod setup of shimano technicum 12ft 3lb tc FA long distance to the greys prodigy xflite 50+ 12ft - 3.25lb tc rods, cant wait /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

james lynch 3

Reaction score
stu were can i get greys prods for around £60 mate il take 3/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I would spend a little more and get the Chub outkast rods. I have used all three and have found the Hyperloops and the fox warriors to be very soft through action rods. The outkast however is a much better balanced rod with a liitle more muscle in the mid section which can help with you casting but not to stiff to undemine the playing action.

My outcast rods 12' 2.5Tc have caughtcarp upto26lb using 8lb mono hooklenghts and size 12 hooks, which shows how good they are. The same rod will also happily cast a zip lead 110 yards all day long.

The Chub rods also come with a unconditional life time warrenty which the other dont have.

There is an old saying that goes buy cheap buy twice.

Tight Lines

James%20Lavell%2025lb%205oz.jpg

A fine 26Lb + carp with its 9 year old captur