which hangers/indicators

kasman

Reaction score
i have been using delkim alarms but looking to buy a new set of hangers/indicators to use with them. which would you recommend ?

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Kasman what type of fishing do you normally do. This will have a big effect on the bobbin/swinger you should use.

Rab

Reaction score
For pike you cant beat the Fox Pike Swingers, the new ones have a "Gate" as opposed to the older line clip type....the gate works well once it is explained correctly. at £13.99 they are not cheap tho /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Rab.

kasman

Reaction score
from now on i`ll be fishing for the tench and bream .....

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Kasman, for tench and bream (and roach) I like to fish a tight line so I use the Solar Quiverlocks. These have an adjustable sprung arm.

You could also use them for slack line fishing too but lighter hangers would be more suitable for that.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Kasman I would fish lite bobbins and clips like these from Muddy waters called Old school bobbins

44_2.jpg

As both bream and roach on the whole dont scream off when they are hooked a tight line quiver lock indicator will not help you any in anything it will make bite indication worse.

These bobbins can have additional weight simply added to then if you are finding the bobbin is not haeavy enough for you. The simple two stage clip is fully adjustable and give excellent back drop indication when the line is clipped into the central clip.

Tight Lines mate

kasman

Reaction score
cheers ....thanks appreciate your advice. think i`ll opt for the muddy waters...............

Matt Brown

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Gemson wrote (see)
</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

As both bream and roach on the whole dont scream off when they are hooked a tight line quiver lock indicator will not help you any in anything it will make bite indication worse.</blockquote>

Ian, since switching to Delkim TXi Plus alarms a couple of years back, I've been able to detect the tiniest of indications, including those that roach and bream can sometimes give. I wouldn't fish that way anymore with roller wheel based alarms though.

The Muddy Waters hangers are very nice though. I'm a big fan of the line clips that grip the line (now copied by other companies). I use the similar Gardner Micro Bug hangers on the rare occasion I slack line fish for carp.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
try getting some old school style monkey climbers great bite detection and cross winds never a problem might not look the dogs bits but they still do a great job

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Brown wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Ian Gemson wrote (see)
</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

As both bream and roach on the whole dont scream off when they are hooked a tight line quiver lock indicator will not help you any in anything it will make bite indication worse.
</blockquote>

Ian, since switching to Delkim TXi Plus alarms a couple of years back, I've been able to detect the tiniest of indications, including those that roach and bream can sometimes give. I wouldn't fish that way anymore with roller wheel based alarms though.

The Muddy Waters hangers are very nice though. I'm a big fan of the line clips that grip the line (now copied by other companies). I use the similar Gardner Micro Bug hangers on the rare occasion I slack line fish for carp.</blockquote>

Hi Matt I understand what you are saying regarding the sensativity of Delkims but with a tight line the indications are dramatically reduced becuase you are trying to pull more strecth in the line to make the bobbin lift. If you fish with slacker lines the bite indication is far superior.
Picture%20026.jpg

Two different slack line approaches one extreme slack line with the bobbins on the floor the other with moderate bobbin weight tension

IMG_3430.JPG

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>trev (100M bronze) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>until you see the price.........</blockquote>

Yes Trev Muddy waters can be dear at £5.50 per bobbin. But how about these at only £2.50 ago

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PTFE-clear-Indicator-bodies-heads-Solar-Compatible_W0QQitemZ280325423288QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL?hash=item280325423288&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Tight Lines

PS Trev you know tyou ar an addicted tackle tart anyway

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
im a tart maybe but not a tackle tart. My equipment is eclectic and functional. Youll see when I come down to Thorpe Lea in the summer.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Trev Mate sorry I have seen you sell more tackle than all three local tackle shops LOL.

To me that indicates either you are a tackle tart (quite likely)or you are looking for something in you tackle which just aint there ie its the angler who catchtes the fish, not the tackle !.

Harsh but truein an eclectic & functionl type way LOL

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
So are you saying my tackle is inadequate ? I have a hareem of lady friends who would argue otherwise lol

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Swingers, harems, tarts,'adequate tackle'... whats going on here then? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif