octoplus system

Nick W-W

Reaction score
hi folks,

just after some advice on the octoplus leg system. how does it fit toa plastic seat box? have i got to get the drill out cos that could get a bit messy!!!!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Get the drill out Nick,you need to bolt it to the box.I have one in my garage somewhere,if you wait till monday I'll have a look at it over the weekend and tell you how it's fitted on.

chub angler

Reaction score
Nick it might be a good idea to put a plate on the inside of your box to make it stronger.

Beecy

Reaction score
you get a back plate for the inside of the box with the kit.

one tip i would give is once you have it bolted on, seal over it all on the inside with some silicoln or such to make sure its 100% watertight. I found this out first time i used mine when sat in the water, had a box full of Witham after a few hours

E

EC

Thinking back, althoughI remember it not being too complicated, I put mine on in 1990!!

Reaction score
Eddie I wouldn't be admitting to that...don't forget D+T (resistant materials) teachers are almost as rare as Physics staff...you could become even more indispensable...bang goes any thoughts of retiring before you're 180!!

I did mine about the same time.......they'll never suspect a history teacher of anything practical.....safe, phew!!!!

Nick W-W

Reaction score
thanks guys,

looks like i will have to get that darn drill out. standby for action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!