Drennan website ?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

That is quite right. As far as I know, Peter Drennan has always been a bit of a Luddite in this regard.

He must run the biggest tackle company in the world that doesn't have a website.

B

Barry Edney

Here ya go....

Drennan International
Bacardo Court
Temple Road
Oxford
Oxfordshire
OX4 2EX
Phone: 01865 748989
Fax: 01865 748565

Catfishingham

Reaction score
Thanks Barry, I am looking for information on the range and usage of the different floats. I will write them, Do you think they will provide useful information?

E

EC

I think your best bet is to find the website of a major stockist, eg one of the bigger shops. They may have detailed info on each product. Also check the review section onthis site.

Reaction score
Although Drennan don't openly publish their address it is widely available on sites like this. I have found them outstanding both in customer service and willingness to give information.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

So have I mate.

But they do need a website.

/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

B

Barry Edney

There are also loads of articles on here about how to float fish. You may wanna do a search for articles by Mark Wintle and Dave Cooper. Both have written in depth about float fishing for begginers.

And I sure someone at Drennan wouldn't mind answering any questions you might have. (Likewise the guys on this forum.)

Just found this on the home page....

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/5148

Loads more like that too. Hope you find it helpful. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
I'm afraid Drennan don't even produce a catalogue to my knowledge. I really do wish they would - they have some cracking good gear in the mid price range and it was only by accident that I found out about their Match Pro 10-11ft Quiver after searching for ages for a light feeder/bomb rod with quiver tips in the 0.5oz - 1oz range. I'm sure their sales would dramtically increase if they advertised more.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

So have I mate.

But they do need a website.

/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif</blockquote>

There are times when I would completely agree with you Ron - particularly after getting my old drennan legermaster out yesterday and reminding myself what a wonderful rod it is..(taming a couple of lively wild carp).and wouldn't it be nice to have a matching pair...and I wonder if drennan have any left in stock...

On the other hand I rather enjoy being a quirky luddite (and occasional pedant) in some ways- there just aren't enough of us left on...are there Ron? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Poshers

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Drennan seem to aim all of their marketing at the Retail Trade, tackle shops etc., hence no need for a detailed website - I do believe that they have a comprehensive catalogue but only for tackle shops.

D

Dave Slater

Drennan tackle is excellent and the only improvement would be a website. It would enable people to make a list of their requirements to give to their tackle dealer to add to the next order. I buy quite a lot of Drennan tackle but I am sure I would buy even more if they had a website to browse.

Keith M

Reaction score
Drenan should have a Web site if only to give specifications and info about rods and other bits of tackle that they sell andfuture Drennan tackle developmentsto look out for in the near future.

Adverts that you see from web based tacklesellers only givevery brief specifications for currently available rods etc.but if itsmore in-depth infothat you need or you need a full list of Drennan rods etc.available whenyou are lookingfora rod or something else. then you should be able to get it from a Drennan web site;As their competitorsdo (Greys, Harrisons, Fox, shimanoto mention just a few)

In my view they are missing out on a relativelyinexpensive way to advertise their tackle.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Drennan seem to aim all of their marketing at the Retail Trade, tackle shops etc., hence no need for a detailed website - I do believe that they have a comprehensive catalogue but only for tackle shops.</blockquote>

A few years ago they produced for their dealers - A DVD with images of their products on.

WOW!

That's about as close as they've ever got to the new digital age. I understand Peter Drennan has taken a back seat now, but his daughter (I think) still holds the same view - websites are bad and nasty areas.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Shame, beacuse they're not. Ours is a good one.