50/50 Boilie mix

Tommo!

Reaction score
Does a 50/50 mix just double your basemix or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

chub angler

Reaction score
Im not sure I dont normally make my own boilies Tommo. is 10ml of oil too much for a pound of boilie dough/paste?.

Tommo!

Reaction score
As a flavour or to aid rolling?

As you can see by this thread I am no expert but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.

Tommo!

Reaction score
Judging by the recipes hereup to 70ml of flavour is being used.

Are you going to boil the paste or leave it as that, a paste?

chub angler

Reaction score
Thanks for the link with the recipes. I was going to boil them the time guidelineis 2-6 minutes.Then leave to dry for at least 6 hours.

Old Nick

Reaction score
Chub and Tommo, I think the recipes in your link refers to 70ml of liquid additives, which are different to concentrated liquid flavours which would be around 10 - 20ml per Kg!

N

Nobby C (ACA)

A 50/50 mix usually means the base mix is made up of 50% soya flour and 50% semolina.

Concentrated flavours, if you decide you need them should be used,as a rule at 3-5 ml per 6 eggs as stated on the bottle.

S

Sean Meeghan

Wow that was confusing! The percentages used in describing boilies originally referred to the amount of protein in the mix. Nowadays it would more correctly refer to the amount of 'active' ingredients, ie protein, vitamins, minerals, etc. So a 50-50 mix would be 50% good stuff and 50% filler in the form of a flour of some sort and would generally be regarded as a short term bait. This way of describing baits has gone out of fashion a bit, but looking at my Little Black Book, Nutrabaits still do a mix called a 50-50 mix which they recommend as a value for money mix, particularly for fishing abroad.

Hope that helps