Korum Accessory chair

the pelly

Reaction score
Just bought one of these.

On arriving at the fishery with the missus yesterday I realised I'd left her normal chair (cheap camping job) at home.

Rather than buy her a new one at the fishery I decided to upgrade my chair. It was beginning to fail, couple of feet broken off, adjustable legs beginning to slip occasionally.

Very pleased with the new chair, light weight yet very sturdy. I had an umbrella atachment that fitted very well. Looking forward to checking out the other attachements you can purchase.

Does anybody have one of these chairs? Any attachements you would recommend or advise against?

Last edited:

Chris Season32

Reaction score
Best chair I've had, very popular and well made. I use a rear rod rest attachment and the side tray (came free with the chair initially), the tray is a must.

Barney 2

Reaction score
I have the lightweight version and have been using it for quite a while now - still very pleased with it.

As Chris says, the tray is a must have. Makes it all very civilised!

the pelly

Reaction score
How big/sturdy are the trays?

I have an old wicker basket that I use to transport my bits and bobs in (gave up using it as a seat long ago! I also use it as a table and like to keep my tackle box to my side ready for making adjustments to shotting patterns changing hooks/hook links etc.

Would the tray be big and strong enough to take a tackle box? or are they more shallow light weight affairs for a few bits and bobs?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
How big/sturdy are the trays?

Any of the Korum and Preston Innovations trays will fit.

The largest Preston Tray has room for everything, in fact the double-deep tray even fits.

I wouldn't be without mine these days, coupled with the Korum Ruckbag it is a terrific piece of kit.

Specihunter

Reaction score
I agree with peter with the chair and the deluxe is to die for great for the lakes .

A

alan whittington

Dont you find Peter that when you adjust the legs that the tray is never quite level,but the chair,rear rest and umberella bkt,brilliant.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Alan,

Yes, the tray is always a little off of level but not so much as to make much of a difference, only when using a very full maggot tray for example.

I prefer the larger Preston Tray for a full day session, but use the little Korum one that comes with the chair for anything less than a full day.

the pelly

Reaction score
Alan,

Yes, the tray is always a little off of level but not so much as to make much of a difference, only when using a very full maggot tray for example.

I prefer the larger Preston Tray for a full day session, but use the little Korum one that comes with the chair for anything less than a full day.

If you get five could you please post a link to the Preston trays you refer to. :)

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Korum Chair on the River

As Peter says the small table is best when a long walk to your swim is involved, otherwise the large Preston Innovations table as in the picture is excellent. Note how the back legs are fully retracted to cope with the sloping bank.

3768580394_e38ba41d75_o.jpg

FP

Reaction score
Graham, is that the lightweight version?

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Graham, is that the lightweight version?

That's the Mesh Lightweight chair, which I think must be discontinued as it's not in the latest Korum Guide and 'out of stock' being displayed anywhere it's advertised.

It's a great chair for summer use but too cold in winter.

Chris Season32

Reaction score
They've changed the mesh on the lightweight chair to a fabric one for some reason, I thought the mesh was a great idea for warmer weather.

PR635.jpg

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope not Graham, I've been wanting one of the lightweight chairs for a while but been too lazy to get down to the local shop.

Also, I don't start my Coarse fishing for another month or so, therefore no real reason to go down there.

Dammitt!!!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
jma,

I think that Korum is owned now by Preston Innovations.

I use mainly Korum for running line/river trips but Preston for pole seats and accessories. I changed over from a Boss Box to the new X6 Preston box late last year and the difference is amazing.

But - A right RESULT!

I just called Reid's and they have the new lightweight chair with the different material (no longer mesh) so I've reserved one and will collect it on Saturday.

Graham Marsden

Editor Emeritus
Reaction score
Korum's Paul Garner re the Mesh Chair

Just had a word with Korum Manager Paul Garner about the Mesh chair and he says:

"The Mesh version of the lightweight chair has been replaced by the standard nylon covered Lightweight. Same design, just a different cover material and still compatible with the Ruck Bag. I think the mesh version was perceived as being uncomfortable, when in fact it wasn’t, and dried a lot quicker, but there you go!"

If you like a firm seat then the Mesh chair is brilliant. I'm lucky enough to have the mesh version and the softer, nylon version and use the mesh in summer and nylon in winter.