Ghost tubes

John Newman

Reaction score
I recently purchased a small job lot of pole tackle. Included is a pack of 5 Ghost Tubes from Quantum each 5g 0.8mm. Can anybody tell me what these are for?

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what so ever. Sorry.
I was hoping you had the answer S.V. I've been wondering what they were for since this thread first appeared :confused:, I did search for them and found some on a German site but it was just selling them, no description for what they're for.

jjp1188

Reaction score
I know aquarists use ghost tubes. These are clear tubes that go inside a tank as sort of a viewing aid....quite similar to the tubes you see in one of those large hamster cages. Wouldn't have thought that these would be for that use though. Maybe they are some sort of rig/line stiffener or maybe it helps disguise your mainline and act as a weight.

just found this on the net. Looks like it could be used for some sort of trolling application although I cant be sure as the translation is pretty bad. clicke on the 8mm 5g product and there is a little description.

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...&prev=/search?q=ghost+tubes+5g+8mm&hl=en&sa=G

Last edited:

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
That's what I found James, couldn't figure them out though :confused:

John Newman

Reaction score
I'm glad I am not the only one who dosn;t know what these are/for. Not as daft as I thougth I was

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

I have put a new thread up in the game section. If I get a response from those fly men I will post the reply., so we can all learn something

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Sounds like an under ground Rail system that Ghosts use when they get fed up Haunting somewhere.
I googled it, several times, i can't read German, and i don't own an Aquarium.
The only thing i can think of, it may have something to do with Lure fishing, Quantum are an American based company i think (please don't quote me on that as i may be wrong)
If i was you, i'd put them up for sale on E bay at a staring price of 0.99p and charge for P&P, or just bin them, as they're making my head hurt now lol :D

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Cheers John, hopefully some one can put us all out of misery :confused: :D

Wag

Reaction score
The ones mentioned here sound similar:-

Trabucco

for lake trout fishing - doesn't say how to use them though.

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Well done Wag, You are the winner of the free bag of Dog Poop, secretly, we all knew what they were already, but, we just didn't want to win the prize lol :j :D

Tight Lines :D

Wag

Reaction score
Stick the dog poop in the post mate - I can forward it on to one or two other deserving causes.

We still don't know what to do with the bl**dy glass thingies though - sugestions on a postcard?

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I think that are used for Trawling, the reason i say that is because they are Glass Weights and they appear to have what looks like fins on them, could help the Flies to get lower down in the water.

Tight Lines :D

Wag

Reaction score
Thinking about it I'm surprised thye are not used in other styles of fishing - glass is relatively cheap to produce and form and would make pretty good leger weights etc. It's pretty tough in small shapes as well.

There is also a lot of scope for attracting the tackle tarts - you could have all kinds of fancy spirals and cammo coloured shapes included in the glass - a bit like the old marbles and paperweights.

Maybe we could start a trend :p