Dragon Carp Direct

noel

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their howlin hog spinner and spoon sets at £15 for 30 pcs

richiekelly

Reaction score
havent tried the items you mentioned but have purchasede a few things from them and found them to be not very good quality.

TJD Notts

Reaction score
I live i Hucknall where Dragon Carp run 2 shops from and also their mail ordering business so have the opportunity to view things in the flesh so to speak. If i was you i'd steer well clear of any of their own brand stuff as it's cheap and nasty on the whole! They do get some clearance/ bankrupt stock in every now and again which is worth looking at though.

Trevor

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their howlin hog spinner and spoon sets at £15 for 30 pcs

i bought this ages ago from one of their tackle shows, and to be fair, they're alright.
they are all very small, ie around 2inches long including treble. the largest catch on them to date has been 8lbs 2oz, but in all honesty, they seem to mainly pull in the jacks. had a few reasonable perch on them as well though.
casting distance is limited, as they are very lightweight.
actual quality of them is okay, they take a bit of hammer and the hooks are strong, but the effectivity is limited with regards bigger fish as far as i'm concerned.
hope this helps

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I bought a recliner chair and a one piece suit that is 10% waterproof and quilted, got from a show so no postage. I also have a set of 3 bite alarms, not their own make but do work and at a £10, a good deal. The brollies are cheap enough as well. Other gear I have seen is okay for beginers or if you want something cheap just to try, ie carp rods and reals. Don't expect quality.

noel

Reaction score
Well took the plunge and bought some they are lightweight so I am now looking to buy some barrel leads of 10 -15grams so any help on cheapest to buy(tight fisted).