Cheap warm waterproof trousers

sagalout

Reaction score
I have just got a pair of black isotex dare2b ski pants from TK Maxx for £18.00 (rrp £50.00), they are fleece lined with a waterproof, windproof, breathable outer. Zipped fly with wind cover (very important to keep these cold winds out of there!) and detachable braces.

Hard wearing bits on the inner ankle area where rubbing may occur, internal velco and poper cuffs at the ankles running up to the knee area to seal against your boot.

Three year parts and labour gaurantee, I dont think they can be beaten for value for money.

preston96

Reaction score
Do they have a velcro bum flap......they can be handy on cold days............;)

Windy

Reaction score
Interesting Saga old lad..... do you always prefer to wear women's clothing ? I suppose it worked for Beckham with the silk thong....

Mind you, with a backside my size I might perhaps also be better off in women's ski pants :confused:

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
Windy, I love to wear womens knockers on me head, but I don't see the relevance to this thread?
PS How did you know? Is it the way I type?

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
S How did you know? Is it the way I type?

Nah.... I was sad enough to go look for the black isotex dare2b ski pants on the TKMaxx website, as feeling the chill a little myself, only to look for them in vain in Men's ski trousers.
Then a general search for dare2b revealed the awful truth :eek:

Plainly "dare-to-be" has a special meaning in your case ;)
Good luck with the op :wh

sagalout

Reaction score
Ah that it explains all :D, try looking on the dare2b site, or do what I do and send the missus down to get you a pair (not difficult for me, she's a shopaholic), she can always take 'em back if you don't like 'em.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I bought a pair of craghoppers from Blacks a couple of weeks before Xmas and, being lined they look and feel very warm, just the job for us anglers,

Oh! and they are mens as well :cool: A lot of match anglers wear womens tights under their trousers in the winter, they are very warm and practical of course but like your old mammy used to say "I hope you dont have an accident and have to go to hospital". :p

bigbass

Reaction score
I agree with Graham i been wearing mine in all this bad weather and i cant fault them.
Got mine from Go outdoors £20 normally £35.
Oh and they do them in womans :)

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
Oh and they do them in womans :)

That will no doubt be a great relief for Saga and all the other pre-ops out there....

Mind you, I don't need any outdoor gear at the moment. While it's like it was out there this morning I'm not budging from my comfortable sofa next to the radiator opposite the fire and telly whilst cradling the last vestiges of my special Christmas scotch to my (manly) bosom (none of your funny business hormones here thank you).

No matter how many eloquent articles the likes of Gemson and Smith knock out about the joys of playing outside in the freeze. Much much rather them than me.... !

dezza

Reaction score
For years I wore a large size of panty hose in the cold weather! Nothing wrong with that, except for people like Ed who are wont to make silly jokes about such things. But what do you expect from a Scouser.

These days I wear thermal long johns from Primark. Good value for money.

Reaction score
I bought a pair of craghoppers from Blacks a couple of weeks before Xmas and, being lined they look and feel very warm, just the job for us anglers,

had a pair for a couple of years .. They are brilliant..under my Sundridge bib and brace they are actually too warm...especially when coupled with the berghaus long johns (Go Outdoors). craghoppers do an unlined heavyish set of trousers which are also excellent.

As I've said elsewhere apart from the Sundridge Blizzard suit all my "angling wear" comes from the Outdoor pursuits section of Go - all of it at really good discount prices.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Climax are doing prologic wilderness salopetts for £29.99 from £69.99.There nice and warm

sagalout

Reaction score
The missus has just returned from her daily trip to TKMax, ski trousers now on sale for 6 of your good english pounds.