Review - Fox Warrior Bite Alarm

sagalout

Reaction score
I have had two of these for about 18months. No problems at all.

Good reasonably priced alarm at about £18 each. The hard cover is a bit of a rip of tho' at £5 each, but they do protect the alarm from getting damaged. My alarms are kept on the bank sticks, with the hard cover on, in me rod quiver.

One button to turn the alarm on or off. A red indicator light to show which one has just woken me from me afternoon nap. The indicator is on the left hand side of the alarm and is blocked from site by the rod if the rod is to my left.

The alarm volume has 7 presets selected by using the + or - button. This is my only criticism, the lowest setting is just too quiet for me to hear (me hearing aint wot it used to be, pardon?)and the 2nd is to loud.

The line movement sensor is very good.

Used for at least 10 hours a week, and I am sill on the original batteries.

Highly recommended, and I would buy the same again if these failed.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Good review...I too have the fox warrior bite alarms and I can't fault them....there was only one time when they let me down. I was fishing a 48hrs session and it didn't stop raining for a second.....after 2 days being exposed to heavy rain the volume gave up due to being flooded.

But a quick drain of the water out of the alarms, all worked perfectly alright again :)

sagalout

Reaction score
I have been out for day sessions in heavy rain without fault (unless I missed it :D).

sagalout

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I don't have anything to compare it with, but it is small, neat, cheap (comparatively), does what it is it meant to without any fuss or bother, so 9.9/10. Would be 10/10 if it had a sound level that was audible (to deaf old gits like me) without being to loud.

Last edited:

sagalout

Reaction score
I am still using mine, 3.5 years now, one of them has loose battery connection so is intermittent on the on/off button (I must fix it :)) otherwise they are still performing as new.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The Warriors are decent no frills alarms. I had a set but I didn't like the lack of a tone control,the volume was either too loud or too quiet for me and as I always sit over my rods I found I couldn't always see the single led on the furthest rod. Small niggles but enough for me to replace them with Chub Neuron T3's...similar build quality but double leds,a tone control and a more sensitive volume control. Much happier with these and as cheap as chips...the T5 has a higher spec and for not much more.

Chub claim low battery drain.This will be their second winter on the original batteries and they have had some proper soakings without any problems at all.

Last edited: