Review - Korum 50inch Umbrella

sagalout

Reaction score
50 inch diameter umbrella, it does not have a tilt mechanism but the pole unscrews and screws in at an angle at the top giving more space under the brolly and the back of the brolly then hugs the ground. The back has two pegging points (webbing and a metal eye sewn to the brolly at the end of an arm) and it comes with two high quality pegs.

The arms appear to be something other than metal (technical description), but are flexible and strong.

It also comes with a protective sleeve, which now lives with all the other unused junk in me shed.

Had this for a couple of months, RRP £50, I paid £32 (inc p&p).

100% waterproof, I know that's we we expect, but it ain't always what we get is it!

It has been up in 30mph winds and has not suffered any damage.

I would say the weight is reasonable, it weighs 7.5lb (3.5kg) on me trusty fish weighing scales, so it's probably about a lb :wh

The only criticism I have is the release button ain't very easy to use. Its a big green, angled plastic button that I am never sure weather to push it in or up or what. It seems to be getting easier to release as it gets used more, but that just brings on the worry hat it will wear out quickly :confused:

So far all in all does what it says on the tin and for the money I think it was very good buy.

Shine

Reaction score
I have this brolly too. Like you say release button isn't very easy to use. I tried 4 in the shop before I found one that locked and unlocked ok. If this had been better thought out it would be and excellent brolly, not just a good one.
I paid 35 for mine.
Even with the release button being as it is I would still recommend it.

7.5/10 would be my rating

A

alan whittington

Sagalout,got one of these too,the green button is a pain in the a**e and mine hasnt eased,also i have found the ribs seem to have weakened in the winds slightly,although for all that not too bad a brolly.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the excellent Posts!

This button on the Korum seems to be a problem but I will have a look at them.......

Woody ...I will get down to Marshes and see what they have to offer-thanks for that!

I'm just off upstairs to weigh my present brollie(but it must be 20 lbs if its an ounce!!)

I think we are all agreed though-a necessary evil-at best!

Old Nick

Reaction score
Bought one of these a short while ago, and first time out wind picked up a bit and the whole thing blew inside out! after the fourth time I gave up, and decided it was easier to get wet........

Anyone else found this?

sagalout

Reaction score
Blimey Nick, that bad news, can you take it back to the shop?

I am still using mine without problems, the green button is still a pain tho'.

Old Nick

Reaction score
The brolly isn't actually broken, the ribs come out of the velcro straps when it inverts itself, and the whole thing twists, relatively simple to repair but its just a pain in the arze when there's a bit of wind about !

Maybe I should just use it as a sun shade now the summers here!

PS The green button works fine on mine :)

Shine

Reaction score
The green button has loosened up on mine. It seems the more I use it the better it is.
Had no problem with the brolly itself. Been in wind and rain and works as it should.