Normark rods,are they still being produced?

A

alan whittington

I have just been on Masterlines web-site and cant find a mention of normark on it,have they finally gone pop,or is there a change afoot,anybody know?

A

alan whittington

Hi Peter,i didnt explain myself properly,i know i can still buy new normark rods,but im a little concerned that i cant find anything when i 'google' normark,apart from masterline,which then has no normark info,that is unusual as it was always there before,it is a worry as there has been rumours for a long,long time now and i dont think we can afford to lose a top class rodmaker such as normark,especially float rods.

Steve King

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on with Normark.

Carbotec were at one time sourcing some rather tasty match rods from Diamaru (SP??) in Japan the same company that made most of the best Normark match rods.

At present though Carbotec seem to be concentrating on carp, sea and fly rods.

A

alan whittington

Well Steve its a concern for apart from Harrisons and a few small rodmaking companies(which are probably using Harrison blanks)the normark and carbotec ranges were up there with the best,so if they are out of the game its a loss.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think normark have jacked in, whether they kick off again, I don't know. I do know that the people who designed the normark rods are the same people who designed the carbotec's......they actually look like normark rods to me with another name tag.

A

alan whittington

Tragic though Tigger,for if there is a better float rod for lines up to 4lb than the titan 2000 ive not seen it,especially the 12ft.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tragic though Tigger,for if there is a better float rod for lines up to 4lb than the titan 2000 ive not seen it,especially the 12ft.

Absolutley, I have the team normark 13 to 15ft titan and I love it ! I go up to 6lb when using it for chub/barbel. I have to addmitt I like the feel of a 12ft rod best. I have the team normark microlite in 12ft and have landed tench just topping 6lb with it (propper wild tench, not commercial fish).

A

alan whittington

I have the 13-15ft 2000 and its great,both are an absolute joy to put a line through,it matters not what you catch on them,a 2lb roach or a double figure carp it handles all the abuse without a wimper.

Specihunter

Reaction score
It was mentioned on fisherman blues and keith said that on the Harris website said the rods have been discontinued .

Steve King

Reaction score
Carbotec: are they or they not making match rods?

When I posted earlier saying that they seem to concentrating on fly and carp rods I was looking at THIS_WEBSITE

However there is also ANOTHER_PAGE

Anyone fancy ringing them up and ordering one? I wont as I can't afford one right at the moment!!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd heard previously that Carbotec were not making rods anymore, I think it was MW who told me.

Looking at Steve's link I see no mention of their fantastic Quiver Tip rods, I have the No.3 Quiver and the No.3 Match rods which I bought probably 7 or 8 years ago. They are like no other fishing rod you've held or used to be honest.

Their prices were way over the top but then; you gets what you pays for I suppose, and the spare quiver tips used to be 32 quid a piece!

I haven't seen Carbotec rods in the Ringwood shops for quite a long time either, so maybe MW was right and they have ceased production?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
From what I remember, about three years ago they stopped making the match rods because the numbers involved were too small and the cost would have had to rise prohibitively to continue. Since then the pound against the Yen would have made it even worse. At a guess those £395 rods would be about £700 now.

I tried to get a spare tip for my rod but couldn't even get one of those!

fortisheep

Reaction score
Carbotec rods

Carbotec rods are sill being built. i have a pair of there excellent carp rods and have seen there float and feeder rods which look the business and aren't that expensive for a hand built rod so give Nigel a call he's a top bloke.
Tell him Wayne sent you and you may get a price reduction ;)