Shimano Baitrunner Aero GTE

Michael Mills

Reaction score
i would reommend these reels i have the super baitrunner aero 10,000gtx and thay are superb reels i use them for carp fishing and have always stood up to what i have asked of them

T

Tony O'Dell 2

The 5000 GTE is what i would term reel wise as an allrounder. I currently own four, and find they are a good compromise for a lot of tasks.
The clutch is quite good...i have sent one back to have the clutch looked at..was very stiff, all okay now. Regarding the sticker on the reel spool..i always peel those off anyway.
Line lay is very good...but load the reel up under very slight tension only...load it up nder heavy tension and it will adversely affect the line lay.
I find the baitrunner iinvaluable in the number of situations..wouldnt be without it nowadays, even though when i am sitting on my rods i set the reel to backwind and only set the baitrunner if i am sitting slightly away from my rods

boyce pratt

Reaction score
i have 2 gte 6000 and there brilliant. dont get them mixed up with re reels as it's worth the extra ?15. but these are great for carp fishing but a little over zelous for barbel fishing as you just dont need a ?90 reel witch holds 220 yards of 14lb line i would suguest a little okuma epix er40 would be just the job for you. ?40