209lb Catfish

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
T

The Piker

Which ones the fish....??????

Only joking, Linda a super fish girl..

Are you planning to go back to Spain,and get a bigger cat?????????...

sparkie

Reaction score
it's o.k but not amazing.........................................................................................................

lol only kiddin it's a lovely catch

sparkie

Reaction score
i might have to go there, seen alot of pics of different cats all between 150lb and 250lb. i'm abit new to the scene but when confident enough would like to go there..............

sparkie

Reaction score
i enjoy carp fishing as well is there alot of carp aswell then? did you get regular catches ?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Linda Billington

Reaction score
Caught several carp during the trip, hubby had the biggest carp which weighed 37lb.

Largest one I had was about 25lb I think.

sparkie

Reaction score
i've heard alot of people talk about the 100lb plus cats so i've decided i will take a trip out there. where did you stay and was it expensive...........................

Linda Billington

Reaction score
I went with Catmaster Tours and quite honestly can't praise them highly enough. Sorry if I sound like an advert for them but they really are very good.

Hubby and I stayed in one of Catmaster Tours apartments in Mequinenza. Both the Ebro and the Segre meet at Mequinenza.

They pick you up from Barcelona airport and take you to your apartment in Mequinenza the drive from airport to the apartment takes aboutan hour and a half maybe two hours.

During the weekthe guides pick you up about 6.30am and you can fish tillnight.They provide all tackle and bait. (Bait cost you about £60 per person for the week but I've watched other guiding services chucking the bait in by the bucket load and catch very little in comparison. - I wouldn't want their guests bait bill!)

I've enjoyed two trips with Catmasters and everyone in the groupsI was in on both occasions have caught 100lb+ cats during those weeks.

The guides are really great fun to be with and really look after you, even collecting meals and delivering them to your swim. All costs etc are on their websitebelow:

http://www.catmastertours.com/

If you do go with them you'll be in very good hands, and please give Danny, Ashley & John my regards.

Linda

sparkie

Reaction score
i've had a look on their website sounds really nice over there..................... i'm getting married this year so unfortunately i won't be going this year. i might go next year in the winter for a taster then the following summer and go for it for a couple of weeks. cheers for the info. that adds to the list of things to do before i die lol/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

i wont rest out there til i get one of the bigger ones how many big catches did you get....................................?

Linda Billington

Reaction score
During the twotrips last year and this I think it was 9 cats in total I caught, all but 1 of them were over 100lb and with the 'tiddler' weighing in at 85lb.

One word of warning though, Mequinenza isn't a tourist area and unless your other half is into her fishing too, there is precious little else there to do.But hey,there's worse things than sitting in the sun reading!

sparkie

Reaction score
just got back from holiday. is there alot of patients out there or do the carp come reguarlly to bring a bit more action? did you do two trips of a week?.................

Linda Billington

Reaction score
I went for one week last year and one week this year. (this year's holiday was by kind curtesy of Catmaster Tours as I had broken the ladies record.)

I'm sure we would have had more carp if we were specifically targeting them but as we were going for cats the bait consisted of a string of about 7-8 22mm pellets on a hair rig which makes it difficult for the carp to take the bait.

sparkie

Reaction score
still very keen on going. it would be quite an achievement to catch a cat bigger than me and i could only dream of catching such a fish as that. is the fishing slower in the winter like most cases? i supose you cant put a price on catching them................/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Linda Billington

Reaction score
I've not fished at that time butI don't think is very productive during the winter for Cats and I think Catmaster tend to concentrate on carpfishing trips between Nov - Feb.

sparkie

Reaction score
cheers for info i might have ago at the carp fishing and enjoy thr scenery and go for the cats when i've saved up a bit. sparkie's only a student so no proper pennies this year when i've wired upa few houses i will treat myself i think/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif